Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #21 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Sometimes the only thing preventing swim bladder issues is warm water . . .

For you who believe that goldfish can live in small spaces. I have nine 3" goldies in a planted 90 gallon tank and we are pushing over 40ppm nitrates a week, with 80% weekly changes. Toxic water does not make for happy fish.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #22 
TeacherTeapot

I've come to accept that while this is good temporarily, I'm going to need to adopt the little guys out come spring. Thankfully, I do know some people who keep goldfish in their pond and are looking for some new fish. I really regret not bein able to keep them, but I just don't have room for a giant tank. (Not to mention that I'm broke and can't afford it)

If any of you know someone in the Southeast part of Michigan who would like a couple of goldfish please send them my direction. As I said, I don't know what variety they are, but I'd be willing to send them pictures once I get them.
TeacherTeapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #23 
TeacherTeapot

UPDATE: 5/8/13

Today I gave all three goldfish up for adoption. There is a LPS in my area that only deals with aquariums and fish, who took all three in. He said he was amazed that they were in such good health and that he would find them the best home possible. My apartment is much too quiet now, and there aren't any friendly fishy faces waiting to greet me. (Beau's still here, but he's mad at me for some strange reason.)
TeacherTeapot is offline   Reply With Quote