Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #11 
caissacrowntails

lovely pair, If u ever ask which of your bettas worth breeding, then this pair will certainly won my "recommendation" :), the female looks "Super Great", I like her body form, wide dorsal and full dragon scales, nice caudal base if she's a human, probably she can be a model LOL
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #12 
TwilightNite

Wow! They are absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on the beautiful pair!
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #13 
Bombalurina

Gorgeous! Are they from Fishchick? :) My 6 girls arrived from her last Friday, and one of them is a monstrously large plakat who looks just like your girl, only fatter.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #14 
veggiegirl

Hello everyone and thank you for all of your lovely feedback! Just thought I would give you a quick update as to what has been happening with them.

Pearl got really sick yesterday floating on the surface with her fins clamped tight shut, I was a nervous wreck all day wondering what the hell was wrong and did two emergency 100% water changes on her tank (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) and I think that is all that has saved her life. She has had 7 100% water changes in the last few days since she arrived! Poor girl I hated having to catch and upset her so many times but something was incredibly wrong and it was all I could think to do because the longer I left the water changes the worse she got.

I am sooooooooooo relieved to be able to tell you though that I finally figured it out and this morning she is her happy healthy energetic self again. So what caused this near tragedy? I bought her a new Aqua One 25w heater and although it worked perfectly well after dismantling her tank completely and studying every object I could smell a new rubbery smell on the suction cups of the heater! SO I pulled the heater out of her tank, another 100% water change, rinsed everything thoroughly and put it all back in except the heater.

As night drew closer I became worried that she would get cold through the night and being she was already unwell that it might finish her so I made a split second decision and pulled the new suction cups off of the heater and put an old one I had onto the new heater and put it in her tank. I really prayed it was the right thing to do, I was so afraid to wake up and find her dead this morning I layed with my eyes shut for half an hour dreading looking at her tank.....sounds pathetic I know but I really had grown to love her in the short time that I have owned her and could not bare to find her dead.

I needn't have worried she looked slightly better and more active than she had been since she first arrived and a couple of hours later she is swimming around her tank constantly with her fins at full flare and interacting with me. I cannot described what a relief that was. It is great just to see her happy again!!!!

Despite her near poisoning her shipping did not phase her one bit, she has been greedily gobbling down her food and now does not sit still for a second.

Yes I got the pair from fishchick Bombalurina, she has such gorgeous fish!!! I had half decided not to get anymore males.....a REALLY HARD DECISION but I will be finished studying full time in a few months and then I fear I will not have the time to clean a lot of tanks being I have 200 birds + horses + Mice + rats + a cat to also care for not to mention the 12 male bettas I already have . So instead I am going to set up only one new tank instead of the planned three. The new tank is going to be a sorority and as large a tank as I can so I can have plenty of girls which will make me feel a little better about not being able to get any more boys. I am going to plant it right up with all live plants and hopefully it will look amazing!!!!!

Imports are definately very addictive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you again everyone for all the lovely comments, very much appreciated I have had a bad week first of all one of my fave young bettas died, then Pearl got sick, one of my baby budgies got sick, my horse has a weird lump I found yesterday and am worried about a melanoma because she is a grey. Then my gold dragons fin rot has got heaps worse despite crystal clean water and constant treatments for like one and a half months and I am running out of ideas that I could do for him and then this morning a brown snake got into my budgie aviary, I found a dead budgie in the aviary which was a huge shck because I haven't had a sick bird for months apart from the little purple one that I am currently treating. Then the little purple sick budgie got his head caught between his bowl and the perch and almost strangled himself....................long story short this has been a loooooooong week but all of your lovely comments brightened my day and made me feel a bit better, so Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:54 AM   #15 
Bombalurina

Poor thing - you and your animals have really been in the wars! I can sympathise a little with 2/4 of my rats being sick, a finrotty male betta and a tumour on one of my new girls, but you sound like you have an entire zoo of sickies!
Brown snakes...vicious, dangerous and far too full of attitude. Do you have any red-bellied blacks in the area that can keep them away? Sorry about your little budgie!

I was so impressed with Fishchick. My girls were all very perky despite their shipping, too, and she sent me a chocolate freckle. :D Very cute touch. She is really communicative, too.

Pictures of your other fish? :) And also the rest of your menagerie - I'd love to see your horse!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #16 
veggiegirl

Oh dear Bombalurina, sounds like you have had your fair share of troubles too what is wrong with your rats? poor babies mine and my mice caught a respiratory infection from a new mouse that I bought a few years back, luckily after a few trips to the vet and a lot of treatment they were all happy again.

lol Yes fishchick sent me a chocolate freckle too, also I thought it was a nice touch, she provided such good customer service and packs her fish so thoroughly for shipping I couldn't be happier! Please post some photos of your new girls I would really love to see them. I am in the process of setting up a sorority and they will inspire me!

Okay let me see what photos I can find for you, oh and yes we do have quite a few red bellied black snakes here but the browns still hand around at times.

Name:  DSCF1861copy.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  54.7 KB

Name:  DSCF1852copy.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  50.1 KB

Name:  DSCF1975copy.jpg
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  DSCF1881copy.jpg
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  new bettas 034copy.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  56.7 KB

Name:  new bettas 015copy.jpg
Size:  77.5 KB

Name:  new bettas 093copy.jpg
Size:  52.7 KB

Name:  DSCF2216copy.jpg
Size:  32.8 KB

Name:  DSCF2311copy.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  32.1 KB

Name:  DSCF2265copy.jpg
Size:  54.4 KB

Name:  DSCF2358copy.jpg
Size:  84.2 KB

Name:  DSCF2346copy.jpg
Size:  47.5 KB
Old 03-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #17 
Bombalurina

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=131854

I've taken heaps of iPhone photos but none of them are that good, so that's probably the cream of the crop. :p Pictures just don't do them justice, hey? :)

Yeah, I have to get one of my boys nebulised twice a week now, due to extreme respiratory nonsense, one of them likes to sneeze blood, and the other two just keep me on my toes by getting sick every time I spend money on something else, in true ratty style. :p

Your boys are beautiful! Are you planning to breed at all in the future?

Gah, we need to live closer to each other - we're a similar age, both fish and rat lovers, you're a vegan and I want to be one...we'd get on well. :p
Old 03-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #18 
veggiegirl

and some of the other pets though there are too many to post pictures of them all......

Name:  18.12.2009 Bluebell 2copy.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  121.0 KB

Name:  Bluebell 30 Dec 06 (5)copy.jpg
Size:  59.7 KB

Name:  Over a water jump 001copy.jpg
Size:  71.9 KB

Name:  budgies 167copy.jpg
Size:  57.8 KB

Name:  Pumpkin bcopy.jpg
Size:  42.4 KB

Name:  DSCF2356copy.jpg
Size:  72.6 KB

Name:  budgies 516copy.jpg
Size:  24.5 KB

Name:  budgies 3721.jpg
Size:  41.0 KB

Name:  budgies 3891.jpg
Size:  52.8 KB
Old 03-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #19 
veggiegirl

OMG your girls are so beautiful and your tank looks great, an inspiration! Yes the photos really do not do them justice, my boys look sooooo much better in real life. I do have better pictures of them now (these ones were taken the minute I bought them) but haven't downloaded them yet.

Yes we seem to be interested in the same things Afraid I do not have the time to breed bettas so I just content myself with collecting them! Plus I will be even busier once I start work, I think I will get quite a shock trying to juggle work and looking after all of the pets. Have to manage some how........could never part with any of them.........
Old 03-17-2013, 10:48 PM   #20 
phikhanhs
Banned

Great picture I love it
phikhanhs is offline   Reply With Quote