Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #21 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juditko View Post
I'm new here, too, and learning...but I think the more experienced folk would also say that the larger tank offers more dependable heating capabilities as you likely can find adjustable heaters that work for those sizes. I started with a one gallon, then moved to a 2.5, and have finally settled in at a ten gallon. The heater I have now is adjustable and more dependable than the nonadjustable one that I started with in the one gallon. (Not a lot of options in my area for shopping, so I ended up ordering online quite a bit.)

This is a great site with a lot of information that will definitely help you provide a great quality of life for your fish...
caved in on a 10 xD

I find larger tanks allow more decorating as well which is awesome since i am a decorator by heart...and a gardener which allowed me to plant my larger tank and stuff it with plants.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #22 
Bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
caved in on a 10 xD

I find larger tanks allow more decorating as well which is awesome since i am a decorator by heart...and a gardener which allowed me to plant my larger tank and stuff it with plants.
That's exactly why I went from a 5 gallon to a 10 gallon for my betta -- more room for more plants!
Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #23 
Juditko

Caved is right. Just wish I'd done the ten from the beginning and saved all that other money!
Juditko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #24 
Artemis

I keep a 1.5 and a 2.5, the 1.5 get's 1 or 2 changes weekly, the 2.5 is cycled with shrimp to clean waste so changes are not often needed. A bowl is technically okay if it is the right size but get a Critter Keeper, it comes in a lot of sizes and provides unaltered viewing
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #25 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I keep a 1.5 and a 2.5, the 1.5 get's 1 or 2 changes weekly, the 2.5 is cycled with shrimp to clean waste so changes are not often needed. A bowl is technically okay if it is the right size but get a Critter Keeper, it comes in a lot of sizes and provides unaltered viewing
I thought a 2.5 was too small to cycle? Wouldn't you still have ammonia, nitrates and nitrites building up in the tank, even with the shrimp?
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote