Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #1 
Jupiter

Should I be worried?

I bought a female yesterday. I had planned to add her to my sorority (more or less set up, but no girls in yet since they're new and I want to QT them first).

I went to change the water in her cup today, and when I came back with clean water I noticed there was a little yellow thing on the bottom of her cup - upon further inspection it was shaped like typical betta "waste" (a coil), just very yellow in colour.

Never seen this before, should I be worried? She seems very active and healthy otherwise - also ate one pellet since I got her yesterday.

I have the girls floating in their cups in a 1 gal tank, water changes daily, the tank temp is about 76 degrees.

Thanks.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #2 
callistra

I wouldn't worry at this point. Just keep watching her. I would QT for a full month, but at least 2 weeks to be safe.

Warning though those cups can show as much as 4ppm ammonia in 24 hour period. You can do as much as 4 100% changes a day and may still see as much as .5ppm but hopefully it won't ever get that high.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #3 
Jupiter

I'll keep a close eye on her, thanks.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote