So I have the ones with the orange tail dots that are considered compatible with docile bettas, and seeing as how popular they are, I thought the care sheets I found online for them would be more than "They eat detritus" :P
So I have a few [a lot] questions:
1. Do ghost shrimp eat diatoms? I found some darkish mass in her digestive tract and that's either my driftwood, diatoms, or my still dying bacopa.
2. If so, can I rely on them to get their plant nutrition from the dead leaves/algae in my tank or should I supplement with wafers/fresh veggies for maximum shrimp happiness? Which veggies would you recommend? (I already supplement her with my omega pellets for animal protein)
3. Do they eat detritus worms?
4. What about baby pond snails/snail eggs?
5. The girl I got has been clinging to her eggs for four days now. Is she going to eat those eventually?
6. I want to get two more shrimpies. Is there a recommended gender ratio like guppies? Not that I want to breed them or anything, I just don't want two males hounding down my female constantly.