Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #11 
Kithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherpeters View Post
That's a really good price for two five pound bags. I'll have to look into it too!
Yup! I think I got like a 20lb bag for a pretty good price. Really love how natural it looks in the tank. Lemme see if I have a picture..

Here it is with my goldfish (and apparently the pleco! Didn't even notice) and the mopani wood. Absolutely love this gravel.
Attached Images

Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #12 
CrazyDiamond

I didn't have a choice when it came to my substrate, my filter was not approved for sand and it would void the warranty if I put it in a tank with sand. I would find sand too difficult to clean as well so I just have the black gravel and river rocks, used to have marbles too but eh decided I didn't like them. I like my gravel and a few have some spots on them where it looks like the color has chipped off but I don't worry about it. Plus on the bag when I bought it it said not to rub them together . . . so idk. I hate it when instructions tell you not to do something and won't explain why -_-
CrazyDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #13 
Kithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
I hate it when instructions tell you not to do something and won't explain why -_-
Same... and it's so hard not to follow them when you don't know why because you want to find out <_<

This happened to me in a game once. One person said not to do this to the monster we were fighting but refused to tell us why. So we did it. It ate us. Now we know D:
Old 03-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #14 
CrazyDiamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kithy View Post
Same... and it's so hard not to follow them when you don't know why because you want to find out <_<

This happened to me in a game once. One person said not to do this to the monster we were fighting but refused to tell us why. So we did it. It ate us. Now we know D:
Or the instructions say to do something and will not say why lol I tend to be an ass just for the sake of being one so if someone tells me NOT to do something but fails to explain why I shouldn't do it . . . I do it anyway just to piss them off xD When microwaving something it says to "let stand" I never did that until someone told me it was because the food was still cooking, even if the microwave is not on the food is still cooking so, for years I was eating soggy food because I can't follow simple instructions xD
CrazyDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #15 
Kithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
Or the instructions say to do something and will not say why lol I tend to be an ass just for the sake of being one so if someone tells me NOT to do something but fails to explain why I shouldn't do it . . . I do it anyway just to piss them off xD When microwaving something it says to "let stand" I never did that until someone told me it was because the food was still cooking, even if the microwave is not on the food is still cooking so, for years I was eating soggy food because I can't follow simple instructions xD
xD That made my day!!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #16 
ChristyB

Well Crazy Diamond I am with you, I will do it anyway because I want to make sure they are clean and its not like they arent going it rub together when you clean it with a vacuum tube anyway. But I am thinking this natural color gravel that Kithy posted will be good.
ChristyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #17 
brookeandbubba

use those glass stone,flat marble thingys ,, thats what i use, easy to clean and nice looking with the fish, they never hurt the fish too :)
brookeandbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #18 
Fishybitty

I like gravel, but get the pebbles. You won't have a problem with coloring coming off. Now, on my blue gravel yeah it started to chip.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Cultu...-Pets/20613559
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #19 
Fishybitty

Christy B- I have that stuff Kithy suggest I have also. I picked up a 20 or 25 pound bag at walmart for $12 in ohio.
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #20 
2ndName

I am also contemplating between these 3 choices. Any recommendation for nice good quality gravel that can be purchased online? Thinking maybe using black gravel with nice clean stones as decorative with a centerpiece Malaysian driftwood.
2ndName is offline   Reply With Quote