Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #1 
JJChocolate88

Update: Female Betta Egg Showing & Big Bubble Nests

Update: I put a light in my betta tank and put the cover on it and it was like night and day. Within a few hours of putting the hood on the tank, the temperature had warmed up and my male betta built a bubble nest. This time, the bubble nest was big and thick. It looked like it would be able to hold fry in it.

I fed my female betta four full meals of blood worms yesterday and her egg is starting to show more. I watched Bettas next to each other and the male is still flaring and the female I think is showing white VERTICAL stripes down her body, they're very faint though.

I think my Bettas are finally starting to warm up to each other. I know it was risky, but I did let her free swim in the tank just for 3 minutes and I kept a close eye on them, I never took my eyes away in case they tried to attack each other. But neither of them were aggressive to each other. The male was swimming around and flared at her a bit and she kept swimming behind him. She even went under the bubble nest for a bit.

So, I'm feeling pretty good about this. The tank light has really made things better already and increased feeding has helped too.

Just to be on the safe side, I will give it another week before i REALLY put her into the tank with him. But, I have the microworm culture going and infusoria, so hopefully by next week everything will be going smoothly.
JJChocolate88 is offline   Reply With Quote