Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #21 
JBonez423

Lmao give it time, I've got 5 so far and have only been keeping bettas for 6 weeks... ;P
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #22 
rubinthebetta

What?!? You're so lucky. My fish want more, but they can't get any. But somehow, a few months ago, they followed me to petsmart and brought out big fish tanks and epic decor. Well, I can't say that they have bad taste, now can I?
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #23 
LittleBlueFishlets

Ahem. My betta apartment complex has a new tenant.

My bettas found a little HM, lying homeless in a freezing cold Petsmart. The store's heating system was broken, and it was only 60F inside.

They purchased him, and all his accessories (tank, heater, etc) with my credit card. They even arranged transport to their apartment complex. (Fortunately, they did not hire an airplane to do this!)

I, of course, took pity on the freezing, clamped little guy, and helped acclimate him.

He now has his own apartment. And, I'm sure, the other bettas have already provided him with my credit card information and a high-speed internet connection.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #24 
Elsewhere

Oh I feel your pain. My Bettas seem to be going out and buying new plants, gravel, lighting, lids, testing kits and substrate. AND they took in a sick friend to stay until he finds a "new home" -_- I think they're just pulling my leg- he's most likely staying. WHICH MEANS that they're going to have to go buy him the whole set up with my credit card, as he is currently chilling in our Christmas mashed potatoes bowl against my will. And they know that I'm saving up for my new 30g project! Little devils!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

Living in a Christmas mashed potato bowl? Rofl
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #26 
JBonez423

These little devils keep multiplying. AND getting cuter. Mine are talking big, fancy tank set ups with lots of plants and lights...

Should I just declare bankruptcy now?

And yet... I regret nothing. xD

LMAO @Elsewhere, and the good dishes, too... the things we do for our fish!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #27 
LittleBlueFishlets

No no no - don't let my 4 guys know they can increase the size of the apartment complex by giving out MASHED POTATO BOWLS to new bettas!

Uh oh. I think the word is out.... I can hear them in the kitchen, searching through the cabinets.....

Well, at least if they're in the kitchen, they're not online ordering stuff.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #28 
JBonez423

Lmao I need to start showing my bettas those remodeling shows on Netflix. Maybe I'll come in one day and find a fish palace made of trash.. *sigh* a girl can dream.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #29 
bettabetter

^^ so agreed
I (luckly, although it has been so hard resisting the temptation of having empty tanks and not buying bettas from them) Only currently have 1 betta, but oh my gosh, I have caught him so many times on the internet ordering only the finest, most expensive, silk plants. and twice he ordered bigger tanks for himself. he went from a 3 galleon, to 5 galleon, to current 10 galleon, all with the money from my wallet. not to mention food! mine is a little piggy, and everytime I go out to walmart to buy more condtitioner or something I come back with a new, better brand of food or bloodworms, that I swear I did not put in my cart! He must secretly follow me everywhere :)
bettabetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #30 
bniebetta

DUDE! they need to do an "Extreme Home Makeover" betta fish edition!!!
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote