Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #61 
caissacrowntails

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyghetto View Post
I became infected about 1 month ago. I received an AMAZING male CT as a gift and wasn't immediately happy about it. Four weeks later I have three great boys and am wondering what else I can move or get rid of to make room for another tank!!!!
LOL, they'll take over the house before u know it.
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #62 
caissacrowntails

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
it could get worse for me if i wanted it to but i wouldnt have time for the WC. i still have 3.4-4g space and another one that may take a coffee table a possible one on clothing dresser (but no easy wall plug access) but thankfully my other sicknesses trump more aquariums.
If you really want it....you will find a way..or so they say LOL
Old 03-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #63 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by caissacrowntails View Post
If you really want it....you will find a way..or so they say LOL
no thanks, just getting my 1g QT setup in use along side the usual WC totally screws me over. i get a case of laziness/unwillingness to attempt to do so many wC in a long term situation. my unit is relatively small and i dont want it to become more of an aqua park than a residence for a human being.

im quite resistant to any extra fish purchases at this point but that resistance goes to nil (for replacement) when i have a spot that opens with the current amount. id love to put one tank into storage but i just cant seem to work the resolve to do so in such an eventuality.

Last edited by nel3; 03-29-2013 at 06:57 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #64 
percyfyshshelley

Aqua park lol. I think I have crossed that line.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #65 
Kithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
no thanks, just getting my 1g QT setup in use along side the usual WC totally screws me over. i get a case of laziness/unwillingness to attempt to do so many wC in a long term situation. my unit is relatively small and i dont want it to become more of an aqua park than a residence for a human being.

im quite resistant to any extra fish purchases at this point but that resistance goes to nil (for replacement) when i have a spot that opens with the current amount. id love to put one tank into storage but i just cant seem to work the resolve to do so in such an eventuality.
I think that right there is my problem, too. WC are so time consuming. Even on my 10 and 20gallon tanks I do a 50% once a week and adding in the little tank I have on my desk it's like ._. I don't wanna!!

Really hoping to pick up another stand so when I get the 29gallon I can split the 20 and both bettas can be in there. One less tank to clean x_X
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #66 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kithy View Post
I think that right there is my problem, too. WC are so time consuming. Even on my 10 and 20gallon tanks I do a 50% once a week and adding in the little tank I have on my desk it's like ._. I don't wanna!!

Really hoping to pick up another stand so when I get the 29gallon I can split the 20 and both bettas can be in there. One less tank to clean x_X
lol, im glad im not the only one with that particular affliction. how long does it take for your +10g tanks? my 5g takes an 45min to 1.5 hour easy taking into account heater cooldown and reacclimation. i have 3 regular tanks less than 5g and ive made a comfy schedule for wc. the 5g isnt so bad either so it all plays out well without feeling like i only do WC day in and day out
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:30 AM   #67 
shakeitsalome

My mom and I both had "betta virus" 12-13 years ago (pre-marriage for me). On top of twelve cats we had fifteen betta boys. I was the queen of "but Mo-o-ooom, it's just one more!!" when we hit the pets store. The population dwindled down to just two when I got married, at which time I got to work on making human babies. A temporary cure because...

11 years and three kids later, here I am. I haven't even bought the first betta yet and have decided we'll be getting at least four. The first will be mine, and my 8 year old daughter wants one, too. Then my mom reminded me that she still has all those old tanks just sitting in her back room... So my 10 year old son wants one. And (quote) "Ohmygosh Mama, if we each have one the baby one needs one too!!!!" *double puppy dog eyes* (end quote) At which point the littlest (she's 2) pointed to the tank I'm setting up and squealed, "I get fishy too??" I'm such a softie I agreed.

Thankfully no school this week so the boy and older girl spent today washing out old tanks and rinsing gravel. Tomorrow we'll be setting them up and The girl wants to divide her tank and get two - because she can't decide whether she wants a CT or a HM so why not both?? The boy just wants a bright red one. The baby will be getting whatever brother and sister choose for her, hehe.

And my husband? He initially grumbled about the added cost, but when he got home from work he checked to make sure the thermometer in my tank is doing its job. Then he reminded me that I need to "muffle that filter so the little guy isn't thrown around." And just before going to bed I saw him reading a betta care guide (on this site, actually). I think the disease is going to spread to the entire family!

I refuse to seek help.
shakeitsalome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:25 AM   #68 
PlutoPrincess22

I just got my very first one today and I am so in love already. :)
PlutoPrincess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:41 AM   #69 
caissacrowntails

Oh ow...looks like more and more new victims show up :P
Old 04-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #70 
RowdyBetta

Virus name: Betta Virus
Symptoms: Lingering near the bettas at the store a little too long, buying "just one more" then going back to grab another, browsing aquabid for hours on end, etc.
Causes: Getting your first betta
Treatment: No known cure for this disease.

Lol, I only have 1 betta cause i'm only allowed one. Probably a good thing otherwise my room would be crowded with tanks xD.
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote