Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #1 
LinkLover

Bubble nest!

I have never seen Link make a bubble nest before, and I just witnessed him doing it a few seconds ago. I know it's a typical Betta activity, but I just can't help being super excited to see him in the process of making one for the first time! :D
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #2 
Jexx

I remember the first time Galileo made a bubble nest, I had had him for about 2 months. He would've been about 5 months old at that point? Anyway, I was so excited I took pics and posted them all over Facebook lol. Congrats! your boy is now a man!
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #3 
LinkLover

Haha that's awesome! I've had Link for almost a year, and there have been a few times where I thought I might have seen a bubble nest but I wasn't quite sure. That's why I'm so excited cause this time I KNOW that's what it is, since he's making it while I watch. Yes, my baby has finally been initiated into Betta manhood. ;)
Old 03-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #4 
bettacrazygirl86

It's pretty cool to watch. :) My boy Patriot is in the process of building one right now. I can hear little pops coming from his tank, and he's off in this one corner, making bubbles.

I never actually saw a bubble nest be made before. They always just show up! It's pretty neat. :)
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #5 
LinkLover

Maybe our little guys are in tune with each other. ;) I totally agree, it's really cool to watch! Even if you've seen a nest before (my fiance's King made a giant one last week) it's a completely different level of awesomeness to see it being made.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:22 AM   #6 
bettacrazygirl86

I keep hearing him popping away over there, and every time I look over, he's in his corner, making bubbles. It's cute. :)
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #7 
LinkLover

Aww! Link goes about it rather slowly it seems. He'll go make a few bubbles, then swim around for a while, then go back and make more. Needless to say his nest is rather small (I posted a picture in the Pictures section). :P