Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #1 
futurevet

Need a plant!

Today I am going to find a new play for my tank because I just found that the one I have tends to rust (thanks to a helpful post on this forum). Any ideas on what it should look like? I am getting it from petsmart. This is a pic of my tank, the big leafed green one on the left is the one I am replacing. Please only fake plant suggestions for now :)
Attached Images

futurevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #2 
Minnieservis

I have the small version of that plant, and am looking for suggestions as well! :)
Minnieservis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #3 
Breyercrazy

I'd look on the Petsmart website. Look for 5 star silk plants and look at the reviews.
Breyercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #4 
DefStatic

Amazon Sword or Java Fern. I have never seen Petsmarts selection. Petco usually has some decent Amazon Swords and Java Ferns available. And you can buy them either small, medium, or large. Just remember they will grow. Root tabs are suggested.

stay away from anything you are not sure about, or seems like a non aquatic plant. Both Petco and PetSmart are notorious for selling non-aquatic plants as aquatic plants. I fell for it once.

But honestly your plastic one looks like an Amazon Sword. I have a group of them in my tank.

Whoops sorry, I didn't see that you did not want a live plant. I think you should give one a try :)

Last edited by DefStatic; 03-19-2013 at 06:51 PM.
DefStatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #5 
futurevet

I ended up getting this plant! I am gonna keep looking for plants with big leaves though. Thanks guys for the answers!
Attached Images

futurevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #6 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hope it's not too late to answer, I think your fish would appreciate some taller plants to rest on, and since most of what you have is short, some taller stuff will give more variety.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote