Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #1 
Bluelily54

Smile New to Plants, some questions

So, I recently purchased a "starter kit" of small aquarium plants, and they seem to be doing great so far.

The frogbit roots are starting to grow pretty long (some of them are up to a couple inches, by my guess). I'm assuming that's a good thing? They have also started to show some hair-like extensions all over the roots. It doesn't look fuzzy like fungus or something, but should I be worried about it?

Also, I have some Java Moss that I would like to grow on to a mesh (I have plans for it to cover some of the back wall of the aquarium, to help hide the heater and light cords). How would I go about doing that? Would stainless steel or plastic mesh be safer?
Bluelily54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #2 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelily54 View Post
So, I recently purchased a "starter kit" of small aquarium plants, and they seem to be doing great so far.

The frogbit roots are starting to grow pretty long (some of them are up to a couple inches, by my guess). I'm assuming that's a good thing? They have also started to show some hair-like extensions all over the roots. It doesn't look fuzzy like fungus or something, but should I be worried about it?

Also, I have some Java Moss that I would like to grow on to a mesh (I have plans for it to cover some of the back wall of the aquarium, to help hide the heater and light cords). How would I go about doing that? Would stainless steel or plastic mesh be safer?
I got some soft green polyester mesh and 100% pure cotton green color thread from Craft Store (Jo Ann's) I plan on having the moss in between the mesh and the use some of the lead weights that came with my plant orders to weigh down the mesh, it should hypothetically "float" straight/unright. I will take some pictures when this is completed. Youtube has a video on how to make a java moss wall and covering a stone with java moss.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote