Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #1 
Hazel24

Red face Baby Betta Issues Help .

I Saw This Little One At Petco i Loved Its Colors But It Caught My Eye Because It Looks Like A smaller Copy Of My Delta Tail Male .The Little One Wass Going Frantic In The Cup It Was Beside A Mature Male Who Was Flaring at It Also It Had Clamped Fins Its Two Days Later And Its Has Vertical Bars So I Move Its 2.5 Gallon Tank (Heated And Sponge Filtered) Away From My Other Two Bettas . I've Heard Vertical Bars Means Submission In Juveniles But It Has Clamped Fins And Vertical Bars In An Isolated Tank. . Idk What This Could Mean Also Its Elongated Body(Stream like Not Thick And Rounded) And Anal Fin And Lack Of The "Egg Spot" Lead Me To Believe Its Male , I Would Like To Post Pics But Im On By Way Of Mobile Phone If You Guys Could Explain How To Add Pictures I Will Do So .
Hazel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #2 
Hazel24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel24 View Post
I Saw This Little One At Petco i Loved Its Colors But It Caught My Eye Because It Looks Like A smaller Copy Of My Delta Tail Male .The Little One Wass Going Frantic In The Cup It Was Beside A Mature Male Who Was Flaring at It Also It Had Clamped Fins Its Two Days Later And Its Has Vertical Bars So I Move Its 2.5 Gallon Tank (Heated And Sponge Filtered) Away From My Other Two Bettas . I've Heard Vertical Bars Means Submission In Juveniles But It Has Clamped Fins And Vertical Bars In An Isolated Tank. . Idk What This Could Mean Also Its Elongated Body(Stream like Not Thick And Rounded) & Anal Fin & Lack Of The "Egg Spot" Lead Me To Believe Its Male , I Would Like To Post Pics But Im On By Way Of Mobile Phone If You Guys Could Explain How To Add Pictures I Will Do So .
HousingWhat size is your tank?2.5
What temperature is your tank?78
Does your tank have a filter?Yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration?No
Is your tank heated?yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with?None

What type of food do you feed your betta fish? betta food by "Tetra" comes With red Flakes & Freeze Dried Baby Brine Shrimp
How often do you feed your betta fish? Twice In The Mornings Once At Night

How often do you perform a water change?Daily
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 30 - 50
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Defog , dechorinater

Amonia:
Chlorine:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? Clamped Fins. ,Vertical Stripes
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? No , It Explores Its Tank Every Day
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Yesterday
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Raised The Heat Slightly , Isolated Its Tank From Others
Does your fish have any history of being ill? I Dont Know
How old is your fish (approximately)?i'd Say On The Two Monthissh Side
Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #3 
Sakura8

Your betta is most likely still stressed. While vertical bars usually mean breeding readiness in females, it can also mean submission and nervousness. If it hasn't unclamped after about a week, then there may be a more serious issue but for now, I think it's most likely just a bit of stress.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #4 
Hazel24

Thanks So Much His(most probable)/her Water Was Dirty At The Petco S/He Had Clamped Fins There Also Thanks Again , Hopefully Dragon/Dragonis Makes A Full Recovery .

Tags
baby betta, sickness