Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #1 
Kiara1125

Iridium's Update!

Iridium has severe SBD. I've been trying to help her get better. For the past few days, she wouldn't eat anything and was laying at the surface of the water with her face stuck out. I had lost hope. This morning, I woke up to this! Iridium was swimming around (not to mention pooping like crazy xD) and she even are some flakes! I have the Tetra Betta Medley, so it has brine shrimp in with the flakes. That's what she was chewing on at first. I hope my baby gets better! Her colors are improving and her fin rot is healing. I can only hope for the best. :3 I also noticed that I did a HUGE water change last night. I normally change the water, but I added a buttload of aquarium slat this time. Not enough to shock anybody, but it obviously helped. :)

Iridium- fancy CT
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #2 
DforDrago

That is awesome! Congrat's on Iridium's imminent recovery! I have a question, though...what did you do to help Iridium with her SBD? My sister's goldfish has it and we've been doing the "pea" treatment. Is that what you used? Any recommendations or tips?
DforDrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #3 
Kiara1125

Goldfish love peas. That's what I use with my goldies. With Iridium, she never ate. I just left her alone in a breeder net with plenty of java moss that was teeming with infusoria. For your goldfish, I would feed them the peas every other day. Other then that, fast them. If the problem keeps occurring, change the staple diet. I feed my goldfish sinking pellets. Only one of my goldfish floats around, but that's because she eats EVERYTHING and "drinks" the air. She fixes herself, but it's weird. lol
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #4 
DforDrago

Thanks so much!
DforDrago is offline   Reply With Quote