Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #1 
bannlow2471

Any feedback?

Seeing everyone else's beautiful Bettas here has made me want to share one of Murray also. Who knew who hard it would be to get a decent photo of a fish!

This picture makes his lower body and fins look black, which they aren't, but his head is black, which I understand is normal?

Any specific comments or feedback on how he looks in terms of - do you see any stress marks or fin tears on him that I should be aware of? I don't notice any, but then again, Murray is my first Betta so I have no idea really what is "normal" or not. Also any feedback on the tank? I like a more natural look, so I have just basic natural-colored stones from the fish section at Petco and various live plants. I think I need one or two more, including maybe one taller one ... thoughts?

bannlow2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #2 
bannlow2471

Hmm ... seems like my photo is not showing up - any ideas on why? I set up a photo bucket account just for this - and copied and pasted the url. I was able to upload an avatar photo just fine by selecting the actual file from my desktop - so if anyone can see that photo, the photo I tried to include in the thread and the avatar photo are the same.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #3 
LittleBlueFishlets

I don't see any avatar photo for you, either..... Try this:

1) Click "Go Advanced" in the reply box.
2) Select the paperclip icon (top row of the advanced reply box). It's 5th from the right on the top row.
3) Attach the file.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:49 AM   #4 
bannlow2471

Ok let's see if this works.
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #5 
bannlow2471

Hmm .. Well seems to have worked but the picture is sideways. Oh well ... Thanks for your help.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #6 
Stone

He is a beautiful blue veiltail, I will always have a red and a blue veiltail no matter how many bettas I have, my very first bettas years ago were and red and a blue, His tank looks fine I would wait on adding plants, the ones you have will grow and you can plant the clippings most likely
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:58 AM   #7 
bannlow2471

Thanks very much, Stone! You are my hero this morning!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #8 
Stone

YW he looks happy and healthy, just keep his water clean and warm and he will be fine, I tend to spoil all of my fish my house should almost be a tourist attraction witht the number of tanks and fish I have
Old 03-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #9 
bannlow2471

That I can do ...and he does seem healthy ...I've had him five months or so now and I am just in love with him. It's funny because I've always had a menagerie of animals from the time I was a child ...dogs, cats, guinea pigs, hamsters, parrots, horses. But fish were never really my thing. This one Betta has changed my whole outlook and now I am obsessed with them! I guess that's how it happens, though.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #10 
Stone

Yes. that is how it happens, I usually had only one or 2 at a time and would go years without any, but now I have, 14 or so females in a sorority tank, a king/giant halfmoon,2 veiltail, 3 crowntails, 2 halfmoons, a pk elephant ear halfmoon, thats just the bettas lol 14 or so assorted corydoras love those little guys 6 assorted rainbow fish, a rainbow shark, 10 or so guppies, 6 or so assorted mollys, a giant pleco, ghot shimp that basically hide in all the tanks, stringray sucker fish, and some sodontis lace catfish ohh and some assorted platies and some black phantom tetras lol and yeah I bet I missed something