Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #1 
Jayloo

New spawns with new spawning method...

So the first pair is Blue HM Plakat Male xBlue Marble CT female. 2nd pair is Red Cambo HM Male x Cambodian female. I'm going to try the smaller container inside of the fish tank method as I have never attempted this before. Conditioning has been 5 days and will still be conditioned until Sunday night. The males are acclimating to their new tanks now. Will place female in tomorrow around 8pm. Then release Sunday around 8pm. Everybody wish my babies good luck. Successful spawning ya'll. :)
Jayloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #2 
caissacrowntails

good luck :)
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #3 
Jayloo

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #4 
Myates

Works wonders for me :) That's how I spawn, will be setting up two more spawns this weekend with the same method.

Are you going to use a plastic tub? If so then I recommend placing holes in the sides to have the water in and out of the tub be equal to make transferring easier. If not, then when you clean out the bowl, then replace it with water from the tank and eventually it will be similar enough to make transferring easier.

Good luck!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:52 AM   #5 
Jayloo

This is the general idea.
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #6 
trilobite

Interesting, I might try this method for my next spawn. Let us know how it goes
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #7 
Myates

I would poke holes in the sides to get the water even.. that way when it's time to transfer they don't need to be slowly acclimated. When I transferred to the larger tank I had no deaths due to the water being the same.

My only concern using something with that small of an opening (usually you want something like a wider brimmed bowl or container), is trying to remove the male without disturbing the fry too much..
Old 03-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #8 
Jayloo

Will do Trilobite! I do like the quicker response the smaller tub seems to create as evidenced by quicker bubble nest, quicker interaction BUT one downfall I'm having is seeing the bubble nest clearly. I released the Cambodian female this AM due to her eagerness towards the male. I went to work, came home and can't see clearly if there are eggs or not. Ill figure it out though. Just might need to do some better investigation. :)
Old 03-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #9 
Myates

I had that trouble, I used a clear-blue tub for mine when I first tried it and hated how hard it was to see.. so using a clear one this time.. will take pics today of it.
I also used a wider tub, like I said, that one is narrow.. a wider clear one would probably make things easier to see.

Here is the tub I use.. now I have clear ones of the same size. (First post, for some reason won't let me put up pictures >.<)
Old 03-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #10 
Jayloo

Okay. Since neither had begun nesting yet I poked a small whole that slowly drained the water inside the container to the same level as outside. Also I released the CT blue marble female this morning. Left for work again at 7 this morning and when I got home both males built big beautiful nests. Of course I'm sure the rainstorm is helping with the mood... So hopefully by morning there will be a 2 big nests full of eggs! :)