Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #11 
Corsica

I ordered from her via eBay on the recommendations of forum members. A+!
Corsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #12 
mbenton89

What are some good uses for IAL?.it's not something I always want to put in the water is it?
mbenton89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #13 
majesticstorm

I put it in my bettas' water all the time. It has antibacterial properties and helps with fin regrowth and all that good stuff. Plus, the tannins that leaches out sort of darkens the water, making them more comfortable since they are blackwater fish.

I just got my 100g C+ IAL from Amy too! She also gave me 2 free catappa seeds. Her prices are much cheaper, and she's such a sweet person. Sticking to Amy :)
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #14 
fiky95

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenton89 View Post
What are some good uses for IAL?.it's not something I always want to put in the water is it?
That's actually the biggest advantage of IAL opposed to things like Aq. salt - long term use is actually beneficial and not harming! :) Absolutely agree with majesticstorm :)

Personally, having a tail biter, I can't imagine not using them anymore and speaking of tail biting, he hasn't bitten in a few weeks (I don't want to jinx it) and I do believe IALs are one of the main factors.:)

Also, if you're having issues with high pH, they are great at gradually lowering it! :) There are plenty and much more put together lists of things they are good for tho, so just google them if you're curious.:)

God, I do need to chill down a bit, I'm getting annoying with my IAL raves! :D
fiky95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #15 
majesticstorm

Hahahaha, don't worry about it fiky95! I rave about IAL all the time too! I just love the stuff. When one of my boys was looking really bad due to being in cold water for over a week (someone unplugged their heaters while I was on break), he perked up after a few days of IAL :)
Old 04-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #16 
Tigersoul101

Huh, that looks interesting, I'll try and ask my parents if I can get some.
Tigersoul101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #17 
fiky95

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticstorm View Post
Hahahaha, don't worry about it fiky95! I rave about IAL all the time too! I just love the stuff. When one of my boys was looking really bad due to being in cold water for over a week (someone unplugged their heaters while I was on break), he perked up after a few days of IAL :)
*virtual highfive xD*

Oh tell me about it! I'm seriously paranoid about leaving nowadays. My Mom plugged out the filter accidentally once, which killed the cycle and resulted into fin rot. Then I left for a short trip a few weeks ago and my poor guy bit himself terribly.... oh well! I wish they could just travel with us.xD

I'm glad your guy is ok! Cold water can be such a pest. You are totally making me even a bigger IAL fan than I already am! xD
Old 04-23-2013, 03:40 AM   #18 
majesticstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiky95 View Post
*virtual highfive xD*

Oh tell me about it! I'm seriously paranoid about leaving nowadays. My Mom plugged out the filter accidentally once, which killed the cycle and resulted into fin rot. Then I left for a short trip a few weeks ago and my poor guy bit himself terribly.... oh well! I wish they could just travel with us.xD

I'm glad your guy is ok! Cold water can be such a pest. You are totally making me even a bigger IAL fan than I already am! xD
*virtual highfive* :D We should just make an IAL fan club XD Forget all those celebrities, IAL is where it's at!

I know right? I would love to bring my boys home with me for the holidays/breaks, but it would probably be too stressful for them :(
Old 04-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #19 
fiky95

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticstorm View Post
*virtual highfive* :D We should just make an IAL fan club XD Forget all those celebrities, IAL is where it's at!

I know right? I would love to bring my boys home with me for the holidays/breaks, but it would probably be too stressful for them :(
hahaha It's the way to go! Totally starting a new fandom! Well, if our future career plans fail, we can surely do some aquaristic equipement advertising! Not quite sure about the wages tho.:D

It totally would be, especially when it's a long way...:( I'm already dreading the family holidays in the summer, tbh. Especially since all these automatic feeders seem to be unefficient.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #20 
mbenton89

ok makes sense i am going to be ordering some ASAP lol right now i am medicating with Epsom salt trying to treat what i believe is fin rot. fiky95 u say you have a tail biter? i have always believed that my betta has the same problem but my girlfriend doesn't believe me. have you witnessed tail biting before? thank you alll for raving about the IAL haha def convinced me its the way to go.
mbenton89 is offline   Reply With Quote