Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #11 
Hadoken Kitty

OMG this OP. You are my hero!!! Haha!
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:25 AM   #12 
Polkadot

Good on you! It is a disgrace that you should of had to do that though of course,places like that who don't look after their animals make me so angry.I'm really glad you did that.Shame on that store and their 'workers'.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:35 AM   #13 
Stone

When I do this I do it late at night, and I use the water from the tanks, not the goldfish ones but the tropical fish ones, I know it is not exactly "clean" water but it's a ton better than whats in their cups, I just look at the fish in the tank that I am taking the water out of for signs of ich and what not if the fish look healthy in that tank I grab the little fish catcher tank hanger oner thing and its on one night I must have done 20 or so cups and this way you are not having to provider conditioner or using thiers so yeah what can you really get in trouble for....
Stone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #14 
JBonez423

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha oh god, I'm dying. That's the funniest thing I've heard in awhile! Maybe next time just go up to a manager and be like, "Soooo I'm going to go clean the betta cups. Y'all can watch me if you want, I'm just tired of them looking unkempt." At least then the manager might kick his employee's butts. I don't know why some pet stores are so stupid about it... don't they know people aren't going to buy their animals if they won't take care of them? Smh..
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #15 
ao
TFK Moderator

I think we should get into the habit of carrying a dropper bottle of prime around, for the times we cant do sneaky water changes. lol. or maybe even some duckweed -_-
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #16 
bniebetta

YEAHH! Team betta stealth!!!
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #17 
Polkadot

Fighters For Fighter Fish!
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #18 
Blue Fish

I'm sure that someone will start talking about theft here eventually if they haven't already (I didn't hit page two), but I do have a comment on just that sort of thing.

I know that at the walmart in my area that sells bettas, they have a small "betta care area" next to the cups (on the shelves, just a cleared off area between the fish and the setups for small tanks, plants, food, etc. for purchase) where they keep the food and the Betta Water they have already "store used" (UPC's marked out, bottles partially full) from where they, occasionally, change out or top off the fish water. I would think that if you were to use *those* items to change out the water, then you would not, technically, be stealing from the store, because the store had already marked these things as "store use" expressely for the care of the fish. Now, if you were to take these items and use them on your own fish, then yes, that would be stealing. But using the already marked "store use" products on the store's own inventory, then, I would think, would not technically be theft. The argument could be made that you have overstepped your boundaries as a customer (but definitely gone a good ways toward being a decent person and caring for those unable to care for themselves), but I wouldn't think that theft could actually be accused.

(I used to work in a retail pharmacy, we would routinely use things like paper towels, dish soap, hand soap, Kleenex's and hand sanitizer for either cleaning in the pharmacy, or for overall patient comfort. These things were marked on the UPC's, and a list was kept of what was used.)

That's just my two cents and observation. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #19 
bniebetta

Me and MattsBetta kind of talked about this. What I did was actually pay for the betta water i used to clean the cups. He thought, however, that if something was to go down it would all work out because PETA would most likely be the bail out and make mega shame on Wal Mart/wherever. :p
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #20 
crowntaillove3

I love it!!! Nice job to you for having the guts to do that. I've been wanting to do something like that for a while, but I never had the guts. The best I can do is give my fish the best life that I can give them. Congrats! Team Betta Stealth!
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote