Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #11 
DoctorWhoLuver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardzard View Post
thx a lot guys for ur input it is just as i though true black dragons wont be eazy to make., i have search the web for them n all i see is copper black ., right now i'm doing my owne research into how Dragon change how some look , why i'm doing this couse i find a lot of guys here in Barbados are good breeders of fish (bettas) but they can only breed wat u give them so when i see a dragon i want to know wat color fish i need to mix to get it so again it back to the drawing board so guys if any of u come across any true black dragons post a pic or msg me i'll be sure too check it out thx again guys for all of ur info
I'm not sure what you mean by "true black dragon", but the picture of the betta from google is a black dragon..
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #12 
homegrown terror

there's my guy Jack:

i can give you his breeder's email if you're interested.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #13 
Fenghuang

Jack is gorgeous. You know, for the longest time, looking at your profile, I thought Jack was some large Amazonian predatory fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWhoLuver View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "true black dragon", but the picture of the betta from google is a black dragon..
I think he means he wants the entire betta to be pitch black, including the body. The "copper" he is referring to might be the opaque dragon scales.

I don't think that exists, Chardzard. At least not yet. But all the ones posted are real black dragon bettas.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #14 
homegrown terror

dragons almost always have light-spectrum scales ('true' dragons are white or silver, and then there are greens, blues and even lavenders) but they almost never have dark colored scales. what you're probably looking for is a melano or 'true' black betta.

they can be very hard to breed, since the melano gene makes females infertile.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote