Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #1 
ManInBlack2010

Restarting my 30g

Hey there I haven't been on here in a really long time. I had to move and lost a lot of my fish in the process and got out of the hobby for a while. I got suddenly motivated today and I decided I want to restart my 30g and make it into a fancy fish tank and I have a couple questions. I obviously lost the cycle on my tank. I plan on using put ammonia like I did the last time I cycled it. I've lost the website I had with tips on ammonia cycling. Any of you guys have helpful links?

My tank has sand substrate and I kicked up some sand in the process of filling it. Do you think my air stone being on in the tank is gonna help or prolong the settling process.

Also, I wanted to do 2 fancy goldfish in my thirty gallon. I know it's only supposed to be 1 goldfish for 30g but if I have two 40g filters in it and do regular water changes do you think that would be enough? Thanks and any tips on fancy goldfish or cycling in general are appreciated :)
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

Welcome back. I'd turn off the air stone to give the sand time to settle if it hasn't by now. As you know Goldie's are VERY messy so you definitely want the over filtration. You may want to look at a canister filter . . . i love mine on my 46g, I bought it online for way cheaper than a local store. Goldie's need a varied diet to be healthy - veggies/fruit need to be a daily part of their diet. Next big tank I set up I think is going to be for a Goldie, I'm falling in love with them from my readings about them.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote