Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #1 
Neo

got 10 gal now what??

I got a 10 gallon 2day and i was wondering if i should leave superman in his 2.5 and get new fish for the 10 gallon, or move superman into the 10 gallon and get some fish for the 2.5, he seems to like his 2.5 galllon so i dont really want to move him but if it is better that way i will. What fish can i put in the 10 gallon with him if i decide to put him in?
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #2 
Neo

and i dont have a lid or light for the 10 gal, could i put like a table lamp over it for light until i get a lid? where could i get a top for it?
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #3 
JMeenen

Neo, You need to have a complete set up before you embark on the ten gallon project..Hood with light, heater (unless your having Gold fish) POWER FILTER,Gravel,plants(Fake if your new)....When you get these items ...set up the tank ..it's going to have to run for at least a week before you put in fish. Get those packets of "CYCLE" aquarium Starter and put that in when you start...after running it for at least a week then you can start with the fish.....I have one of my Bettas in my 40 gallon with many community fish,Angels, Neons ( Red, Black, Neon), Buenous Ares Tetras,and various other tetas and 2 Rosy Barbs...but you pick out what you want..you can go to the Doctors Foster's & Smith websit and they have a page that shows fish compatability.
JMeenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #4 
Oldman47

Neo, I'm not sure what product allows you to get a tank cycled in a week. There is nothing that I know of short of an existing tank filter that would make it safe to actually add your fish that soon. The only effective product that I have heard of was made by Marineland and has been taken off the market. Please go here http://www.fishforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=343 and read up on establishing the nitrogen cycle in your tank before you add any fish at all.
Oldman47 is offline   Reply With Quote