Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #11 
TeacherTeapot

I had a present waiting for me when I came home from camping this afternoon, the lid I ordered more than a week ago finally arrived. I put it together and started fitting it to my tank, when lo and behold, my filter is too thick. I have a Marina i25 internal filter, which puts off just the right amount of current in the 5 gal. Does anyone have a recommendation for a slightly slimmer, similar filter?
TeacherTeapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #12 
TeacherTeapot

This is the problem I'm running into.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #13 
farmgirl598

small air pump and sponge filter. IMHO
farmgirl598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #14 
TeacherTeapot

I've considered it, but I've had this filter so long that I don't think I can sleep without the waterfall noise. I spoke to my dad, who happens to be my favorite handyman, and he recommended taking it to a local auto glass place and asking them to trim the glass for me.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #15 
Blue Fish

You may not even have to go to an autoglass place, some hardware stores will do it as well. :) But I agree with him, it should be easy to cut it. :)

And...the waterfall noise...yup. Years ago I was house-sitting and couldn't figure out why I couldn't sleep. (My friends tease me that I'm narcoleptic, me, not being able to sleep, now that's just not right. ;) It took me two days to figure out it was the lack of airpump/bubbling hum. I finally had to run home, pick up a spare airpump, and use it with a bowl of water from the kitchen. From then on, I was good to go. ;)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #16 
TeacherTeapot

The auto glass place didn't answer their phone, but a guy at Aco Hardware did it for me for free. He did say it was harder to cut than he thought, but he managed not to shatter my lid. And after all of that, it still doesn't fit right! :( If I put it so that the front is flush with the side of my tank, the filter over flows onto the lid.

I give up, I'm just going to leave the front propped up on the edge of the tank.

Tags
lid, tank lid