Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: What is your favorite fin type?
Halfmoon 12 17.65%
Delta 2 2.94%
Super delta 0 0%
Spade 4 5.88%
Crowntail 2 2.94%
Pla kat 2 2.94%
Halfmoon plakat 17 25.00%
Giant (not technically fin type, but you know...) 1 1.47%
Double tail 5 7.35%
Veiltail 17 25.00%
A combination (please explain) 3 4.41%
Other (please explain) 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #31 
horsyqueen

Plakats are the type of betta I love soo much. I have a lot of females and males. They just have this cute look about them rather then being beautiful.
The marbled ones are the colours I want the most and my favorite but yet I have not got one (yet).
horsyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #32 
registereduser

horsyqueen is that a VT in your avatar? I'd love one like that!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #33 
Fenghuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
I have 2 now. When my sorority finally fades I'm going to divide my 20 gallon into 3 and have a red one a white(ish) one and a blue one in there.
I plan to get a 40 gallon long tank and divide it into eight parts. I've been wanting a VT or two for ages, but it was never the right time, or when it was, I wasn't able to find a nice one available. And now, I'm at my cap.

I don't know, the petstores in my area seem to see a lot of the other tail types too. The Petsmart near me stocks far more halfmoons, deltas, doubletails, and crowntails than veiltails. Same with the Petco down the road from Petsmart. They seem to be trying to push the "fancier" betta varieties. Just two days ago, I went to Petland--one male veiltail out of the twelve males they had. Even Walmart lately is carrying more crowntails. I figure it has to do with them being able to sell them for more.

Last edited by Fenghuang; 03-25-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #34 
Artemis

I voted halfmoon plakat however I am also a fan of halfmoon doubletail plakats, yes because I own one. (Totally not biased here XD)
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #35 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I like plakats, hmpk, etc to. To bad they are so hard to find in Canada :/. Anyone else? I would love to get 50 votes!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:37 AM   #36 
Kuronue

Location: Chautauqua County, NY - My mind is in my fish tank usually
I voted a combination because I like them all :3 I don't have a favourite really.
Kuronue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #37 
dbrooke1

I voted other because I really like Rosetails even though it seems they are not extremely easy to find. Their tails look absolutely beautiful to me and have a perfect shape. I've never owned one but would love to someday. I hear more than 90% of them become tail-biters which is a bummer. :( They are still beautiful to me. I own a crowntail and he's my first betta. Have had him for 10 months so far and he's a great little guy. I really like bettas that are steel blue or white color *drool* =)
dbrooke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:59 AM   #38 
majesticstorm

HMPK because their fins are shorter so I won't have to worry about fin tears. PK or HMPK are both nice. It's nice seeing them zoom around the tank.
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:17 AM   #39 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Rose tail isn't really a different fin type from hm but it it unique in its own way. Personally I don't really like it because it is like the fish is always weighed down.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #40 
Tabbie82

I voted for VT. I just love them! I have several and they were my first type that I ever had. And I have bought one VT off of AB, so I know it happens!
Sure, you can get VTs in the store, but many times the ones you see on AB have much more unique coloration and if you look at that particular category, it is mostly US breeders. So shipping for me is not too bad. By my math, I spend the same amount on an AB VT as I would for a pet store HMPK.
Anyway. Just my opinion! I love most of the tail types. My least favorite is the double tail. I also have a soft spot for plakats, crowntails, halfmoons and deltas because I have those right now and love all my boys! They are all beautiful! *gush*
Tabbie82 is offline   Reply With Quote