Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #11 
Sakura8

I recommend Seachem Kanaplex, General Cure, and Maracyn Two to have on hand at all times.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #12 
Coppermoon

Do you have a link for the crystals? I think I have some...got it from a friend, and it wasn't labeled...I've had it for a while...Yellow powdery crystals...was told it was Nitrofurazone by a fish/chem friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
thank you for the rplies, i dont think i can get api fungus cure on short notice, its probably on the black list. i'll go with the JFE. just how long should i go about the treatment? i did mention it rots a bit and clears up only to comeback. any timed results to look for any reoccurances?

when i get a chance to go to Plattsburg i'll get some grade A meds.

i got this from another site but it does mention 1 med i have on hand. i was asking about Jungle ick guard but my father couldnt find it in store (i couldnt head down there.)
Jungle Fungus Eliminator (crystals)
Active ingredients:
NaCl, Nitrofurazone, furazolidone, potassium dichromate.
Diseases: Columnaris, furunculosis, Costia, dropsy, fin and mouth rot, white film on eyes (usually cataracts and cloudy eyes), hemorrhage septicemia
Contraindications:
It is an effective treatment for fungal infections on bettas, however it can damage live plants.

Jungle Ick Guard
Active ingredients: .20% triethylene glycol, victoria green, nitromersol, acriflavine
Diseases: treats Ich (white spot)
Coppermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #13 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I recommend Seachem Kanaplex, General Cure, and Maracyn Two to have on hand at all times.
thank yiou very much, i'll get kanaplex and maracyn 2 one the first opportunity i have to go to Plattsburg

an update
march 26, put 3.5tsp into the tank (bit above 2g total with decor)
march 29 25%wc and 2 tsp into the new water total for a small half gal over dose (though first 3 days were a bit under dosed)
today his anal and dorsal dont show any easily noticeable signs of rot. his caudals are still going slowly but brown edges are less noticeable. i dont know if tis temporary remission or healing.
i dont know how long i can use the meds before causing harm to the fish as i didnt get a labeled bottle. i did read somewhere use until cured but i wont fully trust that until i see an actual label.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermoon View Post
Do you have a link for the crystals? I think I have some...got it from a friend, and it wasn't labeled...I've had it for a while...Yellow powdery crystals...was told it was Nitrofurazone by a fish/chem friend.
i dont have it myself, the store put them into an empty 138g fish food bottle. though they did have a huge bottle that was properly labeled in the store. i should probably drop by there to read the labels myself in the next few days.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #14 
Sakura8

I would say you can continue with treatment for at least another three or four days. In some severe cases, treatment can last for two weeks or more.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #15 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I would say you can continue with treatment for at least another three or four days. In some severe cases, treatment can last for two weeks or more.
ty very much, i'll go for another 3-4 days atleast given how the finrot has been showing up.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #16 
nel3

ive just checked my DT now and i see very minimal signs of finrot. i'll continue for atleast another 2 days on his meds. so far no other fin loss has occured on the anal and dorsal (or other fins.)
Old 04-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #17 
Sakura8

That's good to hear it's slowing down and healing. Yay Nelliel!
Old 04-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #18 
nel3

ive just done a 100wc for nelliel and ive removed nearly all traces of the medication from his water. his fins dont show any signs of rot atm and its been like that for 4 days. i'll monitor his fins for any new signs of reoccuring. ive had him on meds for 11 days.

im glad that i went into that mom/pop pet store several months ago. the store didnt keep the cleanest fish tanks nor exceptional care for betta but it was the only store that had JFE. i bought it on a whim, not being sure if id ever have to use it.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #19 
Sakura8

Glad to hear Nelliel is recovering! Hurray!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #20 
nel3

im very glad also though it'll be more reassuring to not see any signs of it within a week. his case is/was dificult to deal with the mixed signs or recovery and reinfection.