Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #1 
Elliriyanna

Zoo med food?

Does anyone use this? I have been feeding it to Finn for a few weeks now and he seems very healthy and active. Its much more inexpensive than Omega One ...
Elliriyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #2 
LittleBlueFishlets

It looks like Zoo med makes several foods. What are the ingredients in it? (Or tell us the name, so we can look it up.)

You want a quality food, where the main ingredients are whole fish. Inexpensive foods often have grains (wheat, soybean, etc) and gluten in their first few ingredients. Since they aren't part of a betta's natural diet, too much of these can contribute to problems like constipation or bloating.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #3 
Elliriyanna

Its not a wonderful food, I am probably switching him back to Omega one ... The company just sent me a sample. Usually Zoo med has very good products.

Just wondering if anyone else had experience with it
Old 03-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #4 
Laki

No experience with it.. I generally am dissatisfied with Zoo Med in general. When I kept my turtles ZooMed was the only available docks and filters (and Fluval which I ended up getting).. Hated their things. And now my betta hammock.

I feed Omega One. I find the best thing is variety. I have 4 different pellets (one being a grainy one so I barely feed it) and frozen worms. In the summer I find fruit flies in m house and feed them live. Variety is key for optimal health, keeping in mind that bettas are insectivores.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #5 
Elliriyanna

I will just mix them together then lol.

I fed my turtle Zoo med food and we both loved it. And Finn loves the pellets. As for their actual non food products I have very little experience.