Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2006, 08:32 AM   #1 
kath

chinese or siamese fighting fish

me and my mum want to get a big troplical water aquarium and we wanterd to know if we could put the chinese or siamese fighting fish in that tank. we would also like to know what type of fish go well with siamese or chinese fghting fish, because we dont want any fights....
thank you
aktheirne
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:38 AM   #2 
joeshmoe

Some fish go geat with them but then some dont. if you realy want to put him in i would go with platys , black mollies and female bettas. do not put guppys as they have bright colored tails witch may start fights. theres a lot of fish you can put in there if u got a two females youy should be fine.
joeshmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:16 AM   #3 
crazie.eddie
Banned

(Message deleted by poster)
crazie.eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:35 AM   #4 
kath

but the only reason me and my mum want to get a tropical akuarium is becasue we both like guppies and we both like neons..we like others as well but thoses are our favs... mabye i can just not put him in the tank right...but then it is a waist to buy him a tank and not put him in it....wat should i doo
Old 09-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #5 
joeshmoe

there not ment to be put with other fish there mean. it would be a sad and bad outcome.im not telling you your doing your worng but it would be a waste of your money. why dont you keep him by im self and get a tank for guppys.:D
joeshmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:15 PM   #6 
girlofgod

i had my betta in a one gallon tank for over a year, and then i recently got a 10 gallon and it had some swordtails and platys and danios, and i transferred him over there...he didnt like it very much and some of my fish died as a result...he would probably be happiest by himself honestly...they are easy keepers...

bri
girlofgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #7 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
Bettas are not meant to get along with guppies. Let alone the male guppies' bright colorful tails which would become a magnet to their death.

Bettas will not tolerate any fish which he considers as his rival especially when that fish has brighter and more colorful fins.

Neons should be ok but you can't buy them until the tank matures by 6 months. Although 4 months may seem ok.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:57 PM   #8 
Tracy

I agree with what girlofgod said. I still have a betta in a 2.6 litre vase, and he is well over 3 years old. At one point I put him in my 25 gallon aquarium with black skirt tetras and some neons. He did not bother the other fish, and they left him alone, but he didn't look 'happy' in there; he tended to hide in the bottom of the tank, under a log with the pleco. So I put him back in his little container by himself, and he is still going strong.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:17 AM   #9 
kath

how ny litres is 1 galos beccuase i dont live in america so i dont now how much a gallon is i only now litres, i live in spain, but i am english and does it reely take 6 months for your tank to marture for neon tetras to be able to live in htem!! i dodnt now that!! i used to live in england and i had a reely big tank lik a 50 litre tank and i just didnt put any fish in it for a week then i bought all sorts of tropikal fish and then one day the filter went wonkas and boiled the water.... i want to buy a .....i think around 30 litre tank for tropikal fish...
katheirne
Old 09-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #10 
SimplySplendid

1 U.S. gallon = approximately 3.78 liters
So a 30 liter tank is approximately 8 gallons
SimplySplendid is offline   Reply With Quote