Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #121 
RillC

I'll be giving him the second course then. He does seem to be doing a bit better now so I want to be sure I eliminate all the infection this time. I tend toward putting the heat up a bit in here over winter if I have any fish outside of a heated tank and I have the hospital tank placed as close as I can safely put it to the heater to keep them as warm as possible.
RillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #122 
ANHEL123

I think 76* is fine for healthy betta. And i also though if you think he is better then go ahead for second course. If you think that after you finish another course of med's he is not completely back to his normal healthy behavior ,you can finish with medications and continue with salt.
Oh good luck and please give update.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #123 
RillC

The second course of Kanaplex is definitely helping. He is much less stiff, although he is still not turning as well as he did before all this. He is also just starting to come looking at the front of the tank and doing a hint of a wriggle dance for his food. It is so nice to see him do that again. He hasn't been doing it for a long time.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #124 
ANHEL123

I hope so it was long way with medications , hopefully it helped and then clean water will help to recover from all stress he had . Rillc sorry i don't remember if you have stress coat? Stress coat recommended for healing and definitely would help .
Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #125 
RillC

Stress Coat is my regular water conditioner so I use it for every water change. When first deciding on water conditioner, I looked at the aloe and decided that was the only one for me to use.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #126 
ANHEL123

oh good , i hope he will get better. Give us update please.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #127 
RillC

I'm not sure what to think anymore. Psusennes just does not seem to be keeping any regrowth right now. Also, I noticed a small peach colored spot on his body that looks like the scales have come off entirely. The second round of Kanaplex is over and I'm working the salt dose up to what was recommended, but today he is starting to spend more time at the bottom again. I can't keep him on medicine all the time, but it was only on the Kanaplex that he was getting back to being himself. It seems more like palliative care now with all the setbacks.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #128 
RillC

RIP Psusennes

He passed today. He was lying on his side and moving infrequently when I headed out this morning and he was gone when I got back. He was a stubborn boy, hanging on through nearly three months on treatments for the fin rot, but I guess there wasn't much to be done when it got into the body. He went through so many medical treatments and did his best. I'm just glad I have Menkaure with me now so I still have one to keep me company.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #129 
ANHEL123

Oh RillC i am so sorry he was stubborn so are you. You was trying so hard to help him. Thank you.
If i am right i think you bought new guy recently, is he doing well?
Make sure you disinfect the tanks if you going to use it for another betta. Do you need disinfection instructions? Sorry it 13 pages and don't remember if you might already know all instruction.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #130 
RillC

I had to disinfect the one Menkaure is in after Ramesses passed so I am familiar with the process. I think I may wait a bit before getting another. Menkaure is a zippy little imp who is always after more food. He's doing very well and no longer is as skinny as he was when he came home. With his appetite, there was never a worry on that count. He's looking very healthy. I suppose I will have to think about what kind of betta I will look for next. Menkaure will keep me company while I think about it.