Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #1 
KYlady

Bought injured betta... how to help him??

I was just at Wal-Mart passing from home goods to the grocery section. As much as I promised myself I wouldn't buy another betta at the moment I couldn't help but look. I was horrified to find 2 crowntailed male betta fish in the same cup! It looked as though someone had opened a small net and scooped one of them into the other one's cup. =( The dead betta was floating on the bottom and had white stuff (all over its body) floating off of it. The one still living has some injuries on its head.

I know about the care of the fish in regards to the tank, water, ect. I need any information on how to help his injuries.

Thanks in advance!!

KYlady
Attached Images

KYlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #2 
Seaman2012

Actually the injuries look more like ammonia burns then injuries from being attacked. I think clean warm water will do the trick. My one betta Oscar has some ammonia burns from the cup he was in. Once I got him home and into a clean warm tank he was fine and has been as happy as can be.
Seaman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

That really makes me mad when people do that! They think it's funny.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #4 
popcorndeer

the same cup!?
popcorndeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #5 
DragonFyre14

I always find it horrible to read about people putting two male bettas together for fun. It never ends well and they just don't seem to realize that bettas have feelings too. It's just horrible. Either way he is adorable and hopefully will live a long, happy life.
DragonFyre14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #6 
Sakura8

Clean water and a product like Kordon Fish Protector or API Stress Coat will help any open wounds or bruises heal. Although, to be honest, he looks very good.

The markings on his head. Can you actually see indents where there are missing scales? B
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:06 AM   #7 
Blue Fish

Could that be his coloring? I've seen others with white faces like that before. Either way, he is a really lovely little guy!!
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote