Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #81 
Deanna01

Moonshadow, do you have a Paypal address where people can offer donations or to "sponsor" a fish if they would like to?
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #82 
Deanna01

Ah. I found it. If the moderators allow, you might post the link for donations here.

I donated $10 to your rescue efforts, for you to use however you see fit. I hope it is helpful at all.
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #83 
crowntaillove3

I wish I was able to give! Deanna01, that was SUPER kind. I guess I can just give support for now!
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #84 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna01 View Post
Ah. I found it. If the moderators allow, you might post the link for donations here.

I donated $10 to your rescue efforts, for you to use however you see fit. I hope it is helpful at all.
I set up a change donation jar at my ocean themed graduation party for her rescue and I sent her $10.50

Of course, I didn't get much more than $1.50 in donations so about $9 of that was all change I put in the jar myself xD

I do a lot of art and most people who came to the party were very interested in my art and photography, so a whole section of the display was all fish related. My fish related art and then one of my two digital picture frames was nothing but my Bettas and then the change jar had a big cardboard sign on it that explained what the rescue was and that it was nonprofit, no adoption fees, etc...

I guess, even with all the effort I tried putting into it, people just don't care about fish. I did get some gifts and like $800, though, and I've adopted Sprite and was thinking about paying the shipping fees for someone who wanted to adopt but had no money or no way to pay (there are a few members on here who do not have PayPal or anything).

Of course, then Chai was adopted, but I may keep that option open to members here for future fish for adoption. However, I prefer to keep that option open only to BettaFish.com forum members and still will make sure that they have a tank set up and ready that is large enough, heated, etc, etc...

Edit: there was also a member a while back looking for deserving forum members to pay shipping for and she asked me, which was very nice, but I told her that I preferred that she paid shipping for someone who was not able to pay at all. I'd love to save $20 but at least I have that plus a PayPal account.

2nd edit: I also received a nerite snail in the mail months ago from a member who both gave me the snail for free and paid for the shipping. She is still doing great :) though I did offer to at least pay for the shipping, the member told me that she was "paying it forward" and she had also received some things from other members. So, this is MY way of paying it forward.

Last edited by AyalaCookiejar; 05-31-2013 at 01:51 PM.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #85 
Stone

These are the kind of things on this forum that make me proud to be a member of it despite what people may think, Peachii and I rescue fish when we can but you know sometimes you just can not save them. We find this heartbreaking, We saw Chai and well he was in such bad shape I personally did not think he was going to make it, but Moonshadow did an amazing job getting that poor little fish back in shape, I wish we could rescue and adopt more fish but we just can't do it Chai will be putting us at our male betta limit and still have a few qt/hospital tanks for those unexpected emergencies, I honestly do not see how Moonshadow can save so so many fish then part with them, we usually get way to attached to them and well no way we could ever part with them. Moonshadow has a very big heart and a special gift in saving these fish So I am glad we can give Chai his forever home.
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #86 
AyalaCookiejar

I personally think with so many fish, it's time consuming even when they are healthy, but with SICK ones you have to put that much more time into it! It is a real dedication.

Also, MoonShadow always does an amazing job and it's true that not even she can save every single one. Sometimes they are too far gone :( but she's got some very amazing before and after pictures in the before an after thread :)
Old 05-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #87 
Stone

Tell me about it we have atleast a tank or 2 a day that needs some kind of water change, cleaning, water testing constantly, then there is observing all the fish, checking for signs of sickness. it can be a daunting task in many ways, our 46 gallon non betta tank has some fish that we do not see often because they basically only come out of hiding at night and with it being planted so much it is hard to find everyone, but the rewards are worth it
Old 05-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #88 
Stone

^ sad when you refer to your fish as "everyone"
Old 05-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #89 
AyalaCookiejar

I don't find that sad at all. In fact, it's totally normal if you ask me :)

I only have 5 tanks and the biggest two are 10 gallons. One isn't even mine, it's my brothers. He left it here and now he doesn't want it and I have no idea what to do with a filthy ten gallon tank with two kuhli loaches and a pleco. There aren't enough loaches and there are too many plecos!

I do all my water changes on the weekends, but for the longest time, one of the 5 tanks didn't have any fish in it (still doesn't, and won't until next week, lol). I tried fishless cycling it and it took forever so I just got live plants.

Anyways, I got a new DTPK yesterday and will be getting Sprite from MoonShadow next week and then my tanks will be all full again. I have a schedule though for certain days of the week which tanks need cleaned (it was Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday but changed to just weekends after Bahari passed away).... Then again, last week I was bored and did an unnecessary WC in the girls tank so I could lower the water level to rearrange and take out some plants to put in Sprites future home...

Lol it seems I do that often when I'm bored. My girls are jumpers so I have to lower the water level to do pretty much anything to their tank -_-
Old 05-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #90 
peachii

I also rearrange the tanks when I get bored. It seems every 3 months or so I completely re-do them to keep them fresh.

I am completely happy with 4 of the tanks in the house with my sorority and 1 of the 5 gallons as my favorite.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote