Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Idea for more secure divided tank, what do you think?

I keep seeing stories of dividers slipping and fish jumping dividers with the typical method so I came up with this as a possible solution:

I am thinking about using two different sized aquarium tubing. I want to slit the smaller size on one side and glue the craft mesh inside of it with aquarium glue and seal the ends so it won't trap water inside. I want to slit the large size tubing on on side and glue the tubing to the tank and then I can slide the dividers in and out as needed(maybe I can drill holes to release trapped water in the bigger size?) . They should stay put. I also want to center pieces of craft mesh on top of the divider with zip ties to act as baffle to fish jumping into another fishes area. I can put small aquarium tubing on the edges of the mesh to make sure it's not sharp. I figure about a 5 inch overhang on either side (centering a 10 inch piece) should be enough to provide protection.
So what do you think? Do you see any problems or additions I should make?
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #2 
Blue Fish

OOH, I love the idea about being able to slide the dividers in and out, sounds perfect. :)

One other thing you can try, and it's seriously low-tech...is take a piece of saran wrap and stick it in there on either side of the divider, then tape it taught to the outside top of the tank. :) I've done that with all of my guys since my divider is a little too low and I was worried about the same thing. The saran wrap keeps them from jumping, and a where it hangs into the water a bit, one of mine uses it like a hammock. ;)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #3 
jadaBlu

Thanks! I intend to try it soon I will let you know how it goes..
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote