Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #1 
Neo

Is Superman sad????

hey I recently put superman into his new 10 gallon tank, in his 2.5 gallon he would swim everywhere, now in the 10 gallon he stays at the front, and swims to the left then to the right, then to the left back to the right, dart down and almost hit the rocks, dart to the left then start over again, is this his personality? If so i think Jeff Gordon wouldve better suited him as a name, or is he showing signs of sickness/desease? Any help would be fine thanks.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #2 
cajunmomof4

I really don't know much, but maybe he is just a little freaked by the sudden abundance of space. Does he have some nice hiding places? I sure he does but just asking.
cajunmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #3 
Neo

yea he has like alittle cave thing, and lots of plants some silk ones and 1 real one, but he never goes where they are, he just swims right on the glass in the front left to right...............
Old 04-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #4 
Neo

hes never been inside of the cave, and i caught him asleep on one of the plants once, it was cool, he was sleeping on it, lol i thought it was funny
Old 04-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #5 
cms_star84

Frank does this too! I can't tell if it's because he's unhappy or not. We like to think he's catching a glimpse of himself in the corners (we have a hexagonal tank) and getting territorial. That, or he's created some form of game in which he's a sneaky spy and has to dart endlessly to get away from the bad guys lurking in said corners. Aside from the worry, it's so fun to watch him swim! I hope Superman is fine! If you find out otherwise let us know, since mine and probably some others are doing the same thing!
cms_star84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #6 
Neo

i think our fish r playing the same game, Superman is the spy, i called dibs first.......SO BACK OFF, nah jk lol, Frank can be the bad guy, he sounds like a criminal, lol jk, I think our fish have fadd.........FISH ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER< LMAO
Old 04-11-2008, 01:43 PM   #7 
cajunmomof4

Silly boys
cajunmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #8 
stephenmontero

haha i have other fish besides betta's that are in love with watching there reflection and swim to find it on all coners of the tank all them time. I think its just something for them to do
stephenmontero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:43 PM   #9 
Blaxicanlatino

It could be disease, but from your description, I dont think so. My betta kinda the same thing but I think hes just bored. try placing a mirrior in front of him for 2 minutes to get his spirit up but DONT leave it there for more than 5 minutes or youll stress him out. 8)

give him some live food so that he can practice hunting. (and its fun to watch) 8)
Blaxicanlatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #10 
okiemavis

Does your new tank have much more current than the old one? It could be that he's staying away from areas with higher water flow and wants a calmer tank. Again, just a thought, and please don't turn off your filter, but you might want to look at that.
okiemavis is offline   Reply With Quote