Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2013, 02:31 AM   #171 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Those fish were beautiful. Honestly, I am going to put this on Canada post, because if they had the heat pack they would have survived the time out side... And, since the box got wet through mishandling, that is what killed the heat pack... I hope Shae understands. CJ, did you wrap the entire package in a bag? And CJ, I'm sorry for you to. You raised them and devoted tons of time and care to them and to see them go this way... Ugh. I will be filing a complaint tomorrow. You should to.

CJ and Shae, if my spawn is successful, I would like to give you both a pair for free if you want them.

Last edited by MattsBettas; 04-20-2013 at 02:50 AM.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:52 AM   #172 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

What should I do with the bodies? Shae or CJ...
Old 04-20-2013, 03:42 AM   #173 
logisticsguy

Matt the best thing to do is put them in a bag and dispose of in regular garbage...yeah i know that sucks. Matt the package must have been roughed up or squished badly as one of the doulble bags must have burst and made it wet. It was packed tight but considerable pressure had to be applied for this to happen.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #174 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Please excuse my language....
Guess what?!!!! Canada post doesn't cover anything alive! You will not get your money back and they do not care. That is it NO more Canada post for me! Should have known after the first time they couldn't do their job properly! Never ever use Canada post again!!
On not her note, as mad as I am about the fish, I am really glad the snails made it safe and sound. When they get to e certain temp they go inside their shell and stay like that, they can do this for a long time.
Anyhow, Matt this is not your fault. I might go to Big Al's today and will let you know if I do. Then I can take those snails off your hands...
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #175 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I'll take care of the snails for as long as you want me to... And the fact that no one will get their money back will not stop me from complaining.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #176 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

So good and bad, fish all died in shipping D:
Snails made it safe and sound!! Yay!! Thank you Matt and CJ!!
Yesterday I went into town and met with Matt (Enjoyed talking to you :p)
Saw a beautiful marble ct girl that I couldn't get. Felt sick though and considered leaving after I heard an employee say I don't know get rid of it, I turned around to see another employee with his foot posed of something on the ground. Tried to cover it up but then when I looked away killed it by stepping on it. Left it sitting there, looked like a fish. I swear I almost threw up. So much for that being a humane store. The "imbellis" looked like pk but I don't know enough about them. So anyways talked to Matt, we walked around talking about the beautiful fish we couldn't afford. Then I begged my dad for the ct girl but he refused. My mom however loves her so I might get lucky next time.
Here are pics of the snails! I can only pos them one at a time. They were fed algae wafers, spinach, and carrot slices, I put the two little ones in with the ct male that has now half a 10 gal, he is going to his forever home today probably.
I put one in the other side with Marble and two in Winters tank because I knew he wouldn't bug them. I can see they were munching on the spinach and algae wafers. Here is one of the little guys.
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #177 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

One of the larger snails.i think once the ct fry leaves i will move them all into the half of the ten gal.
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #178 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

And here is a pic of the ct girl who I will get somehow!! Lol.
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #179 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Those snails are awesome! I can't wait to watch them grow. Yesterday was fun. I hope you get that ct! If you don't, I might!
Old 04-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #180 
Mahsfish

Yeah that ct is pretty neat looking. The only females can find here are veils. Except riverfront has some ct and hm females but they cost like $30
Mahsfish is offline   Reply With Quote