Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #191 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Yeah he was... I miss him so much already. He gets to go and be buried by the little pine tree with Oscar and Janey. Now there will be three of them...
Goodbye Jake...
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #192 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

So seeing as my journal was on the second page I figured it could use a bump up with an update :D
The big ct fry who was in the divided tank with Marble died the same night Jake did. Marble has since moved into Jakes old tank and the snails all went into the ten gal.
The snail tank is good because all there cucumbers and algae wafers and spinach and lettuce cloud up the water pretty fast.
Found a breeder who I hope to buy breeding stock from because I am in love with their yellow line!! Miss Jake so much, my mom picked him out and she hasn't barel looked twice at the fish since he died...

On another note I took my indoor cat outside for a walk and my dog scared him so he ran up a tree :D hi didn't even know he knew how of course getting down was harder than going up and it tok me an hour to get him out which is why I wasn't on for a bunch XD
I love my snails and can't wait for them to lay eggs! They all are on the same lettuce leaf munching away lol.
I get butterflies thinking about how amazing it would be to have a pretty little yellow hm in my sorority!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #193 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Definatly tell me if you are going to order yellow hms from her! I would LOVE one. Then I could breed Xanthus. Who are you going to breed now?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #194 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

No one... Peanut has bad scales and really don't want that so I am out of options... Until. Buy new breeding stock.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #195 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Bye, bye, fish fund... No more wasted money on you unless it is necessary, who can get me a pair of high quality breeding stock for free? Because I am saving up for a trip to Greece with my school. I really want to go and am willing to do almost anything to be able to afford it. 8 day in Greece, 4 of thos on a cruise around the islands! Want to go so bad and the $3525... Well I have a long way to go from my $0 lol. I need to be breeding and selling them working my ass off for my parent and suckering up to neighbours for jobs. Good bye relaxing summer!
I really want to go on this trip, it is not a in the moment this. Any ideas on how to get money?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #196 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Hahaha well, I'm with you. There is a trip to Ottawa next fall but I need to get the $1000. Breeding? Maybe I'll get a little. Old stuff on kijiji? Mowing lawns?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #197 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Why I randomly put it out there any high quality free pairs would be much appreciated! Lol!
We are selling our stuff at a church garage sale so no to the kijiji.
I will mow lawns, and do other yard work such as garden, rake, and I am fairly handy at fixing small things. I am doing a bottle run too, usually make around $60.
I have asked my grandparents if they could find me work too. I really want to make this happen!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #198 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

OOH I wonder if I could do a bottle run... Thats a good idea. Let's say I get 80 out of this spawn and sell females for 8 dollers and males for 15 (dont worry, you and CJ would get a big discount) and I get 50% female and 50% male. .. Then that's 920 bucks! Not bad. Now, you need a spawn! They are lots of work but fun. Are you going to take the ct into f2? How much would a pair from elite cost?

Bettas should all be free. Except for the ones I sell. Lol.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #199 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Matt!!!!!! If I got a yellow hmpk female would you lend me you yellow hmpk??
Need to talk to elite bettas about prices now!
I have considered taking the ct into f2 but decided, they are not worth much or high quality so it would be better to use the space I have for high quality beauties!
How are the dt fry? Growing yet?
I know! I want to spawn so bad! I need babies lol!
Bottle drives usually get a fair amount of money! So that is in the plans.
Yes all Thailand bettas should be free! But we should be able to sell our ps all over! Lol.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #200 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I don't know if I would (right now) :/

I know I'm being selfish and I'm sorry for that but he is pretty much my baby and he isn't acting very normal lately... He should be fine. He is one that I will defiantly breed anyways down the road. His form could be better to... It's that color that I want! If you are getting yellow hmpk girls LET ME KNOW AND I WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET ONE! Lol. Sorry... It's not that I don't trust you or anything, but for now I would rather not. Maybe once I know he is in perfect health (but then I'll probably breed him).

The dt fry, well, I think they have some growing issues. They are defiantly getting tougher but they DONT GROW. I swear. I am doing lots to get them to grow... But they won't. Gah. Lol. I still love them!

I agree that you deserve to finally get a successful spawn!!!