Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #261 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I believe they are from the same line. Same age so it is highly likely they are siblings. They settled in very well. They both were flaring at each other and I floated them and acclimatized them for an hour and a half because I was terrified of killing them with the shock of the move XD they are alright and are even more active this morning.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #262 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Yes they are siblings.
I will be inactive for a few days as I am going to Y.C. And the church we stay at doesn't offer WiFi lol. Talk to you all late!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #263 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Update us! How's your pair?
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #264 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

My fish are all doing great! Sadly however as Matt already knows my smallest snail passed away a few days ago. I miss having five. Doing more research to find out why they are not breeding.
I realized not including my females, with out my new male I would only have Marble as my male but in total I own 8 fish
-Marble
-Rex
-Ct female
-trillium
-Opal
-Peanut
-Bertha
That is not very many... If you think about it three females are in the sorority which is being torn apart and redone. Then I have my pair, Rex and Trillium. Marble then Calypso in her little tank. And my ct female who is in a five gal that she shares with her BFF Simi. Anyways...
I love my pair! They are truly amazing! Been talking to several people and plan to get a red dragon hmpk pair from Bettafx in August-September hopefully, latest is October because of temperatures. But I need to stock up on quality fish so I don't have the urge to buy in the winter and have more frozen fish arrive.
Also depending on what I get from CatwOman I will be on the market for more quality ladies for my males.
Now then I think that is about it...

On another note I found out I love rain, with all these down pours I have been riding my bike a lot! I love going out when the storm hits its hardest and flying through the puddles, course my mother doesn't approve and when you are soaking wet it is hard to get skinny jeans off lol.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #265 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I love the rain too, pretty much just because of how it smells after a storm and the nights it storms are always when I sleep best. That, and it saves me the trouble of watering all the plants lol.

I'm starting to get low in numbers too, but I don't mind, it means more room for some real beauties.

I wonder if we can find a way to ship in the winter... FedEx overnight with two heat packs might work...
Old 05-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #266 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I don't know if I would even take the risk, it has been done before but... Plus if we both have at least one high quality pair to keep busy we can just meet and do a pair swap. Most likely won't get bore anytime soon.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #267 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

If we don't want to take the risk initially we could ship a bag of water and have the receiver check the temp. What do you mean by pair swap?
Old 05-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #268 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

All if we need a project and it is like -30 outside we could meet and you could bring maybe a pair of your hmpk grizzlies and I will bring a pair of my hmpk then we could do something different... Just an idea. The temp checking thing sounds cool but what if it froze t one point then heated up again?
Old 05-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #269 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Oh good point... But I don't think that is really likely since the heat packs wouldn't let it freeze and then thaw out again.

The blue pineapples won't be bred until August, but pair swapping sounds like a great plan... We both benefit. Next time we meet remember the cultures!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #270 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I will! Don't worry lol. And your gravel that is annoying me very much!