Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2016, 10:32 PM   #1 
Swimmyfins

The cutest thing your betta's done

So, my purple vt boy likes to run up to the glass when I get home from school and boop the glass when I up my finger up to it. He just stays there for a minute, wiggling his tail and thinking he's actually head butting my finger. I don't know what it means exactly, but he's not flaring when he does it so I guess I'll see it as endearing lol.
My BFF's betta likes to carry his worms around with him for a while before eating them. It reminds me of a little puppy with a stick. It's adorable.
What's cutest thing your betta(s) has done?
Swimmyfins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:15 AM   #2 
RMKelly

Kirito plays with my fingers, often nips at them, it doesn't hurt but if I say "ow!" he'll wrap himself around my finger as if he's hugging my finger and saying sorry.
RMKelly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:42 AM   #3 
Tourmaline

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160119_210459-1.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	730194

This, and pretty much anything that Betta does. He's adorable, very curious and fun to watch. He's honestly my favorite out of all of them.

Heads up, the nipping and wrapping your finger might be him trying to 'do the business' with it.. They breed with females by wrapping themselves around them. Might not want to let him do that, haha. One of my lady hungry males does the same if he bites my finger.
Tourmaline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:54 PM   #4 
Engel

When siphoning Alabaster's tank, gravel will sometimes find its way onto his plant leaves. After I'm done, he'll stare at the pebbles for a moment before nudging them off the leaf with his face. I love watching it lol
Engel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 11:12 PM   #5 
darcyismyfish

Whenever I turn on the light in my bedroom in the morning, Darcy swims up to my face as if to say "Good morning!"...but I know he really just wants food.
lol, it's still cute.
darcyismyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:14 AM   #6 
KumoBetta23

My Kumo loves to show off when I spend the end of my day looking at him and talking to him. He will come up to the side of the tank and flare his gills and do a little dance until I kiss the tank where he's at. He knows I love him and loves the attention and his nightly kiss haha. And every morning he is so happy to see me when I turn his light on and feed him. His personality is amazing and he's always interacting with me.
KumoBetta23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #7 
RMKelly

For the past week I've had a cold and each time I sneeze or cough Kirito rushes to the front of the tank in a panic and he won't calm down until I tell him I'm alright.
RMKelly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:52 PM   #8 
christinamac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmaline View Post
Attachment 730194

This, and pretty much anything that Betta does. He's adorable, very curious and fun to watch. He's honestly my favorite out of all of them.

Heads up, the nipping and wrapping your finger might be him trying to 'do the business' with it.. They breed with females by wrapping themselves around them. Might not want to let him do that, haha. One of my lady hungry males does the same if he bites my finger.
What a funny and cute behavior! I'm glad you caught a photo of it.
christinamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #9 
christinamac

I can't help but smile when I am super focused and artfully rearranging things in the aquarium, and then my Betta shows up out of nowhere and completely interrupts my train of thought as he tries to figure out how to get food out of the hand in his aquarium.
christinamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:09 PM   #10 
BettaBoy11

Pi's cute because he's not cute. He thinks he's so manly and macho... Yeah, you're a little betta fish, remember?
BettaBoy11 is offline   Reply With Quote