Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2016, 09:15 AM   #1 
SydneyA

Intentionally shopping today where there are no fish

I need to do a big grocery trip and I am intentionally going where there are no bettas. Around here PETA (who I am not a fan of, different rant) stopped Wal-Mart from selling live fish but our other big grocery sells sad bettas. I have no room, no tanks, no filters. I know I won't be able to resist a little face looking at me I also feel guilty I can't save them all. So I will shop where I don't really like just to avoid temptation. I may also check out tank kits :p
SydneyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:03 AM   #2 
OUOhYeah2016

How did PETA target that one store? Cause I'll call them right now to get the same thing done where I am
OUOhYeah2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:46 AM   #3 
Olivia27

I'd not mess with PETA. It's good that they're stopping Walmart from selling fish, but their ultimate goal is for EVERYONE to stop keeping Bettas. That includes us too. They've always been like that.
Olivia27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:11 PM   #4 
OUOhYeah2016

Yeah I know... I love my bettas and want the best for them but PETA wants 10 gallon minimum tanks etc. Walmart being stopped selling though I can get behind
OUOhYeah2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:15 PM   #5 
Olivia27

That's new. Last time a blogger interviewed them they say they want our domesticated Splendens to go back to the klongs in Thailand.

Either ways, I do hope the campaign works and Walmart stops selling fish. But I also hope all the surviving fish don't fall into PETA's hands
Old 02-11-2016, 04:00 PM   #6 
SydneyA

Well I did end up at Meijer and I was so close to buying a betta but I toughed it out. I found a clip on tank light, a 5 gallon hood (!!!) And I got a filtered 1.5 gallon for my little Dumbo to heal up in. It's filtered and made by tetra. He had a tank mate jump the divider and beat the heck out of him. All he has are his dumbos left. This will be the salted hospital tank while I cycle his new 5 gallon.

I was planning on doing daily water changes anyway.
SydneyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:23 PM   #7 
Olivia27

If the tank is fully cycled, once every 3 days is OK. I had that 1.5 Tetra Cube :D the stock lighting sucks (because you can't take it out) but it works fine. I wish I still have it. I threw it out after Blue died. I also threw my 5.5gal's hood after Memory died. I need to stop that habit ><
Old 02-12-2016, 03:52 AM   #8 
Hardy Betta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia27 View Post
I'd not mess with PETA. It's good that they're stopping Walmart from selling fish, but their ultimate goal is for EVERYONE to stop keeping Bettas. That includes us too. They've always been like that.
Stop keeping bettas is just like stop keeping dogs, bettas and dogs are all domesticated animals. The main problem is that if you don't treat them well.
Hardy Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:40 PM   #9 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia27 View Post
That's like telling us to stop adopting dogs and cats! what the heck? I'm not in touch with PETA and I might have to look it up now. Might get my blood boiling. XD

well some of it is legit, but forcing everyone to stop eating meat? the only thing I would want to stop would be the butchering of the animals and how they get treated before their death. People need to treat them with respect and thank the animals and kill them in a humane way.

Last edited by Tree; 02-12-2016 at 11:46 PM.
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote