Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #121 
Polkadot

Water change day today! All 3 little boys had fun bubble surfing & watching the gravel vac.I had to disturb Button's great new bubble nest ,but he will have a new one by tomorrow for sure .I also bought a turkey baster recently & used it to clean mess off the top of Peanut's log which I couldn't get with the vac,the baster worked really well.Piglet won the cleanest tank of the week award! All 3 little boys had an extra pellet & freezedried bloodworm for tea.YAY boys!!!
Polkadot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #122 
Torla

I got new silk plants for the tank yesterday and put them in this morning. They look awesome!! Fed Romeo some pellets for breakfast; I think he's a little overwhelmed with the change. Squidward's house should be coming in today, and then that will complete the tank decor. Then...on to ADFs later this week! :)
Torla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #123 
countyrd419

I had to close last night at my job so I couldn't put on Rusty's tank light. Earlier today, I put it on so that he can swim and show off his ruddy redness and enjoy the extra warm water as the light heats it up. Don't worry folks right now his water temperature is 81 degrees which is perfect for him.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #124 
JayM

Robin got water change. Fish water taste awful, yuk! Put Batman & Dory into a separated tank to see each other for 30ish minutes. Cleaned the floor after spilling some tank water LOL.
JayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #125 
SeaKnight

Just set up my firebellies in the 70g and am in the process of cleaning out their 50g...
Have decided to "get rid of" the 55 and turn the 50g into the community... The 50 is more Compact and will be easier to find a spot for.... One step closer to getting my Bettas... 50g becomes community tank and the 29g becomes the Betta tank....
SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #126 
Polkadot

Watched all the little boys swimming around & playing.Showed off Button's great new bubble nest to my Mum,right now waving to Peanut who is sitting on his leaf hammock & earlier today used the new turkey baster (love that thing) to get an NLS pellet out of Piglet's tank that had fallen to the bottom,he probably would have found & ate it during his patrolling but it was in an awkward place,so I got it out to be safe.
Polkadot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #127 
PeetaTheBetta

I got new decor and did a 70% water change/redecorate. I also cleaned out my filter, plus fed Peeta.
PeetaTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #128 
Graceful

Did a 25% WC, fed the rasboras, and fed Dragon a pellet and bloodworm. Poor guy is gonna be all alone for the weekend, I'm going to be out of town.
Graceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #129 
Torla

I added a school of five green cories yesterday! After acclimating them to the tank and making sure Romeo didn't get aggressive on them while they were safe in the bag, I sat and watched them for an hour to keep tabs on interaction. So far, so good! Romeo has been curious and has chased them a bit, but it doesn't seem like aggression to me. No nips or flaring at all. The cories are all settling in nicely. I call them my Fab Five. :) I also replaced my Top Fin filter that I hated with a Fluval 20. WAY better. Like, head and shoulders above. The directions were crystal clear (unlike TF) and I love the adjustable flow. A LOT less current, which makes Romeo happier.

Fed Romeo some pellets today and will give all of the fish some bloodworms along with the algae wafer for the cories tonight. Seriously, how did I ever live without cories?!
Torla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #130 
countyrd419

Earlier this afternoon, I tested Rusty's ph level and the range was 7.6
I also fed him and turned on this tank light.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote