Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #221 
countyrd419

Water Testing

I just finished testing Rusty's ph level which is 7.6

Later on I am going test the other parameters. He is just swimming and showing off his fins while basking in his tank lighted water/feeling nice and warm in his 81.3 degree water.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #222 
Chachi

Water change for my 2 babies....did the rest of the tanks last night....
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #223 
Racoon293

So excited! 24 days into my first cycle attempt the ammonia starting to noticeably drop. Was starting to get frustrated there for a bit.
Racoon293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #224 
NadegeT

Did a 80% water change, cleaned the tank, added a nice clip-on light to it, it looks so much nicer!
NadegeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:56 AM   #225 
Polkadot

Cleaned the glass on Mako's tank with the magnet cleaner & did a water change for Peanut.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #226 
bambijarvis

water changed all around.

got 6 new arrivals. 5 girls floating in their soon-to-be new home and a white male.
He refuses to flare and is very skittish. all 6 are very young still.

I bought a HUGE red wendtii plant from walmart the other day for $4.97. It's been in my QT tanks but I needed it for the new boy(three sides ar blacked out, hoping to calm him down) so I took it out.
On closer inspection I noticed it was 4-5 'plants. I guess it'd been growing for a while in there. xD
I removed two of them, planted one in my experimental outside tank and rinsed the other really well and put it in with the new boy so he can hide behind the leaves.

the other three I left locked together so it's nice and thick. I want to set it up as the centerpiece of the sorority tank but I think it may still be too big. It's in a bag right now. I'll figure something out in the morning.May end up taking the rest of it apart and spreading it throughout the tank instead.
bambijarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #227 
Polkadot

Water change today for gorgeous Mako,I swapped his grass plant for a leafy one & he had fun chasing the gravel vac. Also did a wc for dear Peanut & added some extra Stess Coat for him.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #228 
Racoon293

Going to get a new betta later today! Thinking about a female crown tail.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #229 
bambijarvis

the 20long got a small water change(just a gallon) since I siphoned the bottom clean. planted 2 young red wendtii's in it. One of my plants managed to reach the surface and is flowering(?) I'm going to try to get a picture for someone to ID it for me. Seems likemy guppies are dropping fry everyday now. xD really need to get these endler-esque males gone asap so I can focus on my mosaics.

I've been keeping a close eye on my new ten gallon sorority, some chasing and flaring but no real fights. Pretty sure I know who the most and least aggressive ones are should I need to make some changes. planning to add a couple more girls next week when they arrive.

My males in their 2.5's got 50% water changes, didn't make it to the store to get the silicone I need to divide their ten gallon. planning to go today after I sleep.

My newest plant(s) seems to be melting, I'm not sure if I should let it do what it will or if I should trim the melted leaves. I've heard they'll usually bounce back after adjusting to your water.
bambijarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #230 
Racoon293

Got me a new betta! Was looking for a female but found a male crowntail that really caught my attention. When the light hits him just right one side looks blue but his other side looks green! My two favorite colors! Pretty mellow and curious little guy, he seems interested in the bubbles coming from the sponge filter.