Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #271 
NozzALa

Did a water change and scrubbed brown algae off the silk plants. Replaced the green plant with the purple because even if it does get algae on it, you can't see it. Tank looks better and cleaner now.
NozzALa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #272 
Tree

30% water change on all three of my tanks. One has Nitrite and the other two are still trying to cycle. also added Almond Leaves into the tanks. I hope Sardine's fine will straighten out. T^T
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #273 
PetMania

Re arranged the live plants (OCD) lol
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #274 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
Re arranged the live plants (OCD) lol

Gah sometimes I think I have OCD too. keep changing things around when I do my water changes. XD
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #275 
Glory

fixed my filter so malibu cant get caught in it again
Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:32 AM   #276 
Polkadot

wc day for my Mr Mako! Put in a fresh IAL for him which he swam over & under ,he also had a lovely bubble-surf as I poured the new water in for him. Also wc day for my little Peanut boy who watched everything going on as he relaxed in his log cave.Extra treats for all 4 of my sweetie boys for tea!
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #277 
Mckrose

I did a full cleaning of my betta Ezekiel's tank, since I keep getting these gross brown algae blooms. I think the algae keeps spawning out of his little terracotta pot house, since I can never seem to get all of it off...

It's funny, because every other fish I've had doesn't take tank cleaning very well, and get all stressed and hide for a little while after I've done the overhaul. But Ezekiel doesn't seem to care-- he's very easy to catch when I need to take him out, and he was begging for food and generally being social literally a minute after I put him back in the tank. I don't know if he's a little bit simple or just exceptionally well adjusted, because he's practically unflappable, haha.
Mckrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #278 
SeaKnight

PLEASE tell me I am not the only one to have a very independent child who finds new and inventive ways to try and kill my fish almost daily!!!!!!!!!!! My current two year old LOVES to help mommy feed and clean the tanks... well apparently Mister B insisted on having what looked to be smarties candy at some point over the last couple days... I woke up this morning to find his tank COVERED in what I can only guess is Algae slime... Complete breakdown of tank and scrubbed/rinsed everything (except live plants ) with super hot water, plants got a thorough rinse with luke warm water.. Then added established filter media from one of my other tanks to help with the cycle...
SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #279 
Crowntails

Did a full tank change in my 5.5 gallon.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #280 
PetMania

Scrubbed SO MUCH algae. Can't wait for the snails I ordered as I need some help before I break my hands doing this.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote