Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #301 
EvaJupiterSkies

Everybody got 50% WC's and an influx of java moss.

Sherlock got a forest of java moss tied to driftwood, and a fake bamboo plant to suction to the side of his tank (he likes the foliage).

Esmeralda also got a fake bamboo plant, with java moss woven through it, for the side of her tank. I also took her anubias out of it's container, and it looks much better now (looks wise, not health wise... it's perfectly healthy).

Tycho got the anubias that was initially in Sherlock's tank put in his tank, and got more java moss for his favorite hangout.

Everybody got a dose of StressCoat with their water change. Sherlock has fin rot on his tail, Tycho has a small tear in his anal fin.

Uh... oh yes, what java moss was looking browner or less healthy from the store, I threw that in the hospital tank, and put that in the shelf that has nothing on it in the bathroom. It's got a quartz crystal and a couple of small decor pieces that don't have a home in the tank in there. It just looks kind of cool.

There, that's everything.
EvaJupiterSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #302 
Chachi

All of my babies got 100% water changes today.... I broke one of the tanks when I was cleaning it and had to send hubby to the store to replace it for me! Oops!
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #303 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi View Post
All of my babies got 100% water changes today.... I broke one of the tanks when I was cleaning it and had to send hubby to the store to replace it for me! Oops!

oh no! =O

I made myself a chart FINELY, for my bettas. XD feeding days fasting days treat days and a cleaning days. =P all I did today with my boys was watch them and show them their mirrors. Oh and I also gave my three snails algae wafers. =P
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #304 
EvaJupiterSkies

I did a 50% WC on my two boys (with blowout tears in their fins) and added StressCoat. Each of them also got their tank water levels raised by half an inch. With the heavy metal lid on Tycho's tank, and his disposition (though he has halfheartedly attempted a jump before), I trust him with that extra half an inch of height. And the lip on Sherlock's bowl doesn't really lend itself to jumping, plus the seran wrap is being held on with a rubber band, and there's plant cover that would not lend itself to a run up for a jump, so I trust him too.

Esmeralda... her I do not trust. She's my shark fish. She also has almost nothing on the bottom of her tank compared to Tycho, so their swimming spaces are probably similar.

Sherlock will get a tank upgrade eventually. With my birthday and Christmas coming up... the funds look good :D

Tried to feed everyone brine shrimp for dinner too. Sherlock wasn't interested at all (though I got my first betta bite! It was so cute feeling!). Tycho ate half of it, and let the other half drift to the filter (it wasn't even that much, silly boy!). Esmeralda ate hers like she always does. :P Silly fish.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #305 
Vergil

Added driftwood. Desperately trying to clean water spots without disturbing the fish and their bubble nests with my college ID. Added floaters on Hiko's tank.
Vergil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #306 
Vfowler

Played with the fish today, gave him some food and made fun of him. I added two snails to the tank a few weeks ago, thinking about taking the rocks out since I don't have anything to clean them and 100% water changes are a bad idea.
Vfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #307 
Crowntails

Only fed my fish today.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #308 
EvaJupiterSkies

Tycho, Esmeralda, and Sherlock got 50% WC's and StressCoat today.

Cassini got a 100% WC and a new algae wafer.

I made the decision to turn off the filters in Tycho and Esmeralda's tank. Tycho's fins are working on healing, and while he's never had any issues with the filter, I figured some more peaceful waters would help the longer fins with healing. Also, it's like I've given him that corner of his tank back. He immediately went exploring over there when he hasn't been over that way since the filter got put in before.

My silly boy.

Esmeralda is still patrolling her's as usual. My shark lady in action!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #309 
Vickytoria3112

After a long time searching and being picky, I couldn't find the right background for my 25 gallon. I had a little tube of acrylic paint and a small sponge roller and I painted it. Looks great! Next step is to setup the decor and start my fishless cycle. First time doing it. Wish me luck!
Vickytoria3112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:38 AM   #310 
Polkadot

wc day for little Button & Piglet,they each got a nice big new IAL,I also adjusted the leaf hammock in sweet Peanut's place,& cutie pie Mako swam around following me as I went back & forth past his tank with the buckets.All boys had extra treats for tea!
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote