Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #311 
countyrd419

I am going to test Rusty's water parameters. Yesterday he had a high ph read near the purple range on the API Water-test kit and his ammonia level was 0.50 ppm which is the light green color on the API Water-test kit. I know from posts that ammonia levels should be 0 ppm at all times. His nitrite and nitrates where all 0 ppm. I also added a teaspoon of AQ salt to his 2.5 gallon tank to see if that will bring down the high ph level. I don't know if AQ helps. I am sure someone will reply to me.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #312 
EvaJupiterSkies

I got everybody's water parameters checked at the LPS (they loved me for that... took 25 minutes >.<). Everyone except Esmeralda was a smidge high on ammonia (Sherlock was actually quite high... I won't say how high, just that he got a 100% WC and that the little guy was NOT happy about it... so I hope we're good now). Tycho and Esmeralda got 25% WC's and Cassini got a 75%, so, here's to less ammonia.

Also, I got my little lady shark a snail. She's got some algae, Tycho's adjusted well to Rowan, so... we're going to try. I hope I didn't just buy her a $3.49 treat. I might even wait to see if he survives the night in her tank before naming him. :S
EvaJupiterSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #313 
Tree

50% water change on all three tanks today + poor Tuna is in a QT for fin rot. D= so he is mad at me. XD Sardine is bloated again from eating the darn wafer for the nitrite snail. x_x naughty boy! so I will have to fast him tomorrow and friday. =/
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:53 AM   #314 
Polkadot

wc day for my little Peanut,I made him a new leaf hammock so he has 2 side by side like a double bed.I also added 2 fresh IAL's for him so it's nice and soothie for him in there.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #315 
EvaJupiterSkies

Sherlock is getting a 75% WC and Tycho a very careful 25%, so I don't mess up his first bubble nest. :P
Old 11-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #316 
Morguex

50 % w/c, driftwood scrubbed and cleaned, gravel vacuumed, plants trimmed, glass scrubbed inside, filter media cleaned, trimmed the tops off a couple of java ferns and added them to his tank and what did I get for all of this? A nip on the side of my hand. Little bugger LOL!!!!

He's busy making a new bubble nest now
Morguex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #317 
Vergil

Ugh. Both tanks 100% WC, cleaned plants, decor, and driftwood, etc., scrubbed the tanks clean.

Boys seemed to like the cleaner place.
Vergil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #318 
SeaKnight

Set up the double nickel as a feeder tank until the angels are ready to be moved, then feeders will go into the hex and 50g and the Angels in the 55..
SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #319 
EvaJupiterSkies

100% WC for Sherlock and for Cassini. 50% WC for Esmeralda and for Tycho. I let Sherlock flare at both Tycho and Esmeralda, and it was highly amusing to watch them exercise with each other. :D
Old 11-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #320 
DBanana

I REALLY like reading what other's are doing with their tanks!

I added the 2nd divider to my long 20g so the separations are all done and grabbed a 'spare' plant from the 10g so there's a plant in each divided section while I cycle it.

Also did some water testing and re-arranged the plants on Spooky's side of the 10g so he has more of a 'forest' to hide in instead of just a wall of plants against the divider.
DBanana is offline   Reply With Quote