Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #41 
LittleBlueFishlets

@WolfHhowling - Green is copper. Did you mom really yell at her betta? LOL
LittleBlueFishlets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #42 
mushumouse

just did a 50% change as usual on a sunday... with no vacuuming. uuugh. i'm trying to cycle my tank again, so i know i'm not supposed to vacuum more than once a week, but it's so hard. every time i walk by the tank and see amano poop on the bottom i have to grapple the turkey baster out of my own hand. it looks dirty! i need to clean it! at this point i'm considering picking up some black sand at petco tonight and just replacing the substrate before the cycle gets going, so i can't be so ocd about this.
mushumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #43 
ZubinBetta

@mushumouse, in the picture (avatar) your betta appears to be dancing in front of the moss ball, keeping time to unheard music and swinging the thermometer! You really captured a moment there.
ZubinBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #44 
VJM

Cut all my leggy rotala down, replanted the bushy tops. It took me forever.

Also planted a bunch of various whatnots and soforths I have had floating and sending out roots.

This poor tank looks like a garage sale, but I am getting a good lesson in aquascaping from taking care of it.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #45 
LittleBlueFishlets

Well, because I had so much other (nonfish) stuff to do today..... I ended up redoing all four tanks, instead.

I am perfecting the art of procrastination....
LittleBlueFishlets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #46 
mushumouse

@lbf uh oh, that sounds awfully familiar... :p

@zubinbetta lol thank you! i've thought about changing it because it's from when i first brought him home, but i've never been able to take another picture i liked as much so i'm glad it amused you.

i did end up changing my substrate last night, replanting everything in the same place & throwing in a third of a bottle of safestart. i'm going to put the rest in when i start getting some kind of readings so it has something to "eat", but it's really clouded up the water! i didn't realize it would be so "chunky". my betta kept trying to eat it.
mushumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #47 
quietlythundering

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietlythundering View Post
Today, my first ever package of IAL's came in! :D
Also, I've got the place to myself for the weekend, so I'm being sneaky and buying another betta (hopefully that gorgeous white and blue plakat is still at Petco! I saw him last Friday, and boy I fell hard!) I bought all the supplies for him today, getting 3 days worth of bike riding done in one day, and now all I need is him! :)
UPDATE!!!! He was there!!!!!!! And now he's being acclimated to his new tank. I can't think of a name for him (yet, I know I was gonna name him either Brosieden or Brocean, but neither fits.) I thought he was blind at first, but then I placed his cup next to a cup one of my girls is in right now (I also cleaned tanks yesterday!!!!!!) and he started flaring and flirting! He even gave Tsarina breeding stripes!
quietlythundering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #48 
Polkadot

Today was wc day.I had to take the granite rock cave out of little Button's tank today because I noticed a couple of little marks that looked like rust? There must be tiny little flecks of something in the granite so I replaced it with his log decoration.It's a shame because the granite cave looked really nice,but I couldn't take a chance with it,plus he also has his bell shaped cave that he loves.I replaced Peanut's thermometer with a newone & he chased the gravel vac.And Piglet won 1st prize for the cleanest tank of the week.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #49 
Kaxen

Monitoring the heck out of my tank because I introduced red cherry shrimp. Trying to figure out if Addie is curious or hungry because she tried to nip one, but the shrimp is a bit faster than she is and bigger than her mouth. Fed her a big breakfast (well, two pellets instead of one) so she will be less hungry while I'm gone for work. Hoping she's just curious, but gah, this is stressful. x_x But she currently hasn't devoted her entire time to hunting down the shrimp yet. She kind of hovers over them for a little and then goes back to swimming.

But the shrimp don't like my artificial shrimp tubes, so I might go get some driftwood or more natural-looking stuff. Have some flame moss coming in today.
Kaxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #50 
bettacrazygirl86

I've been sick lately, so I haven't been able to really do anything but necessary water changes and feeding. I fed them all today and watched Patriot swim around, since his side is the only part of the tank I can see from my bed.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote