Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #61 
amzingaly

today is water change day for the 2.5 gallon and i will be switching my boy from his 5 gallon rounded tank into a standard 5 gallon. Im going to make dividers for a 10 gallon and possibly the 5 gallon(if i choose to get a new boy :) ).
amzingaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #62 
JadeAngel

I added a 2" clay pot to my 10g sorority for the girls (used a screw driver to carefully chisel out the back so it can be swam through) and I took another 2" clay pot and carefully broke it in half and also chiseled out the back, and that one I put in a 5g tank to add an ADF-only sized cave for more comfort and hiding.

I'll probably do a water change on the 10g later today as well.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #63 
aemaki09

Added night lights to the sorority tank, did w/c's on everything under 2 gallons, and then recultured all my worms
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #64 
jesssan2442

today I'll be going to a local goodwill to see if they have any tanks for either of my new fish!! If I can't find any tanks then I'm gonna order 2 3g critter keepers off amazon!! right now the new fish are in 1g temp bowls so I might do a water change!!

tomorrow is PWC for both my 5gs... they are currently having algea out brakes but I think I can get it under control...
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #65 
Polkadot

Today was wc day,but it has been veeeery cold here today so I made it as quick as possible so the little boys heaters wouldn't be off long.Instead of slowly cupping the new water in (which is how I usually do it) I have been just carefully pouring the water in straight from the bucket,which ofcourse is much quicker & alot faster for the heaters to be put back on.Peanut,Button & Piglet really like wc day,nothing bothers them,even when it's cold which is great.I wuv them!

Funny thing is that when I went to put my own heater on today it was broken.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #66 
SeaKnight

Fed everybody, removed a dead guppy from my Husband's Hex and did a 50% water change on what has now become the nursery. I am now looking online to see if I can find a top for my 50 (Glass lid slipped and broke) None of the local stores seem to have the appropriate size in stock and it'll take just as long to "special" order one as it would to order one over the internet soooooooooo..... Currently I have a make shift lid made from a yard stick, a piece of vinyl siding, masking tape and Suran wrap.....
SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #67 
Vickytoria3112

Added an aerator and did a water change.
Vickytoria3112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #68 
SeaKnight

So today we awake to a very clogged filter (In the nursery tank) in a very hard to reach area, one non working filter in the Hex (Turns out the power cord came unplugged) and one dead Female Molly (turns out the filter must of been clogged a lot longer than I realized, Ammonia in tank was through the roof!!!!! and I just did a 50% water change yesterday and cleaned out what I thought was the clog causing the problems with water flow) .... removed Pepper (Dead), returned Feather (Momma of the 12 surviving fry) to main Hex, Did a water change of almost 95% on nursery and unclogged filter, again. All seems good to go now..... But ohhhhhh when it rains it pours!!!!!!! Think it's time to invest in some new filters!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit to add: Oh ya and took out most of the artificial stuff and added some live plants to the nursery...

Last edited by SeaKnight; 06-23-2013 at 11:33 AM.
SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #69 
Alu

I retied the java fern to a piece of driftwood and it looks a lot better now. Did a tiny water change, and then cleaned up the substrate some.

Still trying to decide how I want the tank to look though!
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #70 
Taeanna
Reference Team

Did a small water change, fed the boys.
Drew all over the tanks with whiteboard marker to give them something to look at.
Kaida and I had a fun game of 'flare at the evil nasty pen'.
Taeanna is offline   Reply With Quote