Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #1 
lvandert

I really gotta get back into this world!

Gosh I hate how people just fall of the face of the earth sometimes, and now I hate myself lol, jk! I've been so flippin' busy its ridiculous! Unfortunately my betta pets have down graded to one stunted baby. A friend fell for the "baby betta" and two months later gave it to me because "it was harder than I thought". I kept scolding them for not changin the water out in their little 1/2 gallon bowl every day. You can imagine the state I got the poor little guy in, but now (other than being small) he's perfectly healthy and chilling in the 55 gallon. He's grown a little up to maybe one inch now, but I've had him in there for gosh 3 months now and I don't think he'll get much bigger, or full finnage https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...68954313_n.jpg
The BF graduates college this semester! I'm so excited and happy for him!!! Although I can't wait until he's done because then he can actually sleep more than once a week. As for me, I won Ms. Mines on campus for being the nerdiest girl :P I prefer to go by queen of the nerds :P https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...95332817_n.jpg
Spike is her usual Spike self. Although we found out, for sure, that she is definitely a she. We board our pets when we go out of town for more than a few days. I guess she fell in love with the owner's own cockatiel, who was for sure a boy. Lol you can imagine how surprised I was but all in the life of a bird right? https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...17629803_n.jpg
Rummy is, Rummy... He's Trouble with a capitol T. We had to go to the vet the other day because someone wasn't eating, drinking or going potty. 2 x-rays later, some fluids and bunny gas-x he was feeling better. Bunnies digestive tracks are NOT designed for gas. I have no idea what he ate that caused it but he's finally back to normal. He got some professional photos done, here's the public photo lol https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...42232925_n.jpg

Well hopefully I pop in more often than not! If I have a brain after all my tests lol :D
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #2 
veggiegirl

Welcome back! All of your pets are so cute, I especially love your rabbit. I live in Queensland Australia and they are illegal to own here I have always wanted one they are so beautiful and sweet.....

You never know your little betta may surprise you in time. I have had some that never seemed to grow and then six months later BAM.......walk into the room and wow how did you grow so much over night lol.

Keep us posted on his progress, he is pretty cute! it would be nice to see how he turns out :)
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:42 AM   #3 
Tikibirds

Poor baby :( He may get bigger though. I had kept one in a 3 gallon kritter keeper and it never really grew then I put it into the 20G and it sprouted right up. I did regulat water changes in the KK but I guess the cycled tank was better

Welcome Back
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #4 
lvandert

Thanks guys! I'll keep you posted on the little one. The 55 looses about a gallon a day due to it being so dang dry here, so I'm constantly dumping more water in it. He's gotten really good at sniping the mosquito larva out of the dispenser before the other fish get at it too. I did have him in his own ten that was changed out a little under once a week but he just didn't seem to get any bigger. So I threw him in the big one. It was like a month later I realized he'd grown lol. He's finally bigger than my neon's.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #5 
betta lover1507

hello Ivandert

sorry to hear about the baby betta :c some people just don't listen, nor learn. haha congrats for being queen of nerds xDD lol!
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Welcome back!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote