Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #1 
shymarienez

Good filter for a 10g?

I plan to buy a 5 or 10 gallon tank for my male betta soon. Right now he is in a 2.5 uncycled tank. I plan to cycle his new tank and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good filter and water conditioner. I'm also going to buy him a new heater because even though his heater is suppose to work on tanks up to 15 gallons, I don't believe it'll be sufficent enough. Any suggestions there also? I'd like one that I can control the temperature with because the one I use now is suppose to "automatically" bring the temperature to 78 degrees and it barely hits 77. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Stores near me are Petsmart and Petco, so any products held in those stores would be great.
shymarienez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

The AquaClear 20 is a very good filter. It provides biological, mechanical, and chemical filtration. You can even adjust the flow. ^.^ Also, sponge filters work well, too. The AC20 and sponge filters are available in the stores near you.

Good water conditioners are Prime, Stress Coat+, and I think Top Fin is good, too. Don't you use conditioner already?

Hydor THEO, Eheim Jager, and Marineland Visi-Therms are all great heaters. All adjustable, and good looking.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #3 
shymarienez

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
The AquaClear 20 is a very good filter. It provides biological, mechanical, and chemical filtration. You can even adjust the flow. ^.^ Also, sponge filters work well, too. The AC20 and sponge filters are available in the stores near you.

Good water conditioners are Prime, Stress Coat+, and I think Top Fin is good, too. Don't you use conditioner already?

Hydor THEO, Eheim Jager, and Marineland Visi-Therms are all great heaters. All adjustable, and good looking.
Thanks for the info! I use a water conditioner, but bought it without doing proper research. I have Tetra BettaSafe.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

Any water conditioner is good, really. If you want conditioners that do more than just treat your water for chlorine, chloramines, and heavy metals, try Prime or Stress Coat+.

But the main deal is to treat for chlorine, chloramines, and heavy metals.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #5 
shymarienez

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Any water conditioner is good, really. If you want conditioners that do more than just treat your water for chlorine, chloramines, and heavy metals, try Prime or Stress Coat+.

But the main deal is to treat for chlorine, chloramines, and heavy metals.
Thanks, you've been a big help.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #6 
LebronTheBetta

No problem, I'm glad to help. ^.^
Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #7 
kyle89

The aqueon 10 filter seems like a nice one an I have heard good reviews on aqueon heaters too. I have a hydor 25w in my 5 gallon and love it.
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote