Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #1 
Lyonfish

Smile Budgie Owners/ other Bird lovers

Almost 3 years ago I asked my parents for a pet that could just be mine, we had other pets in the past but they were family pets. My dad suggested I get a budgie and so I got my little bird who I named Mouse. She was a diluted blue gal, she was grumpy and would hop onto my finger just to bite me. Eventually she started to like me and I would sit with her and watch tv. She was smart too, I taught her how to grab a tiny toy basketball with her foot and beak and also the names of a few colors (if I held out green, red, blue sticks then said red she could pick out the red one). Last summer, after having her for two years I decided it would be good if I got a second bird. I got a green diluted clear wing budgie who I named Monday. Monday was quarantined for 40 days then I put them together and the three of us were like peas in a pod. Unfortunately in November Mouse got sick out of no where and died. So now it's just Monday and I. But Monday has become a wonderful little guy and it very sweet and funny. Anyone else love budgies? Or just birds in general, my dad had two cockatiels when I was growing up and they were great.
Lyonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #2 
veggiegirl

I have hand raised countless orphaned/sick/injured domestic and wild birds. I had a cockateil named Sweety and she lived to be 18 and a 1/2 years old.

I absoloutely adore budgies and own 200 of them. I have both pet and show birds. I recently had to adopt a young violet budgie chick that I bred because she was a runt and was constantly bullied in the aviary. Her name is Peggy and is doing much better now.She is naturally very tame and nothing really phases her.
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #3 
Shirleythebetta

My mom has a cockatiel my dad taught to sound like a turkey.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #4 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Hi there! I'm sorry for your loss with Mouse, it sounded like she had a wonderful life.

I got into budgies just last year and haven't even gotten to a whole year with them. We have four right now but we started out with two. Over the summer we built them a huge cage and couldn't resisted buying another two. :D There really is never a boring day with them.
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:35 AM   #5 
Jams

I love my budgies we got them when they were little but failed at taming them. We actually made progress until we went on vacation for a week and forgot everything. However I still love them!
Jams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:36 AM   #6 
Jams

I mean they forgot everything!
Jams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:40 AM   #7 
RowdyBetta

I used to own budgies but am getting a cockatiel soon. I'm impatiently awaiting the owner's call. XD He's a 2 yr old, cage aggressive, BEAUTIFUL pied. :3
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #8 
mermaid77

D'awww I love budgies...I owned one when I was a kid...very tame little guy that always sat on my shoulder and nibbled on my earrings lol...We never kept his wings clipped and sadly one day while I had him out he flew out the door as my parents were coming in and never returned :(
Sorry for your loss...:(
mermaid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #9 
Lyonfish

Thanks. Monday had been hopping on to my shoulder all on his own :') I'm so proud! I think it's just because he likes to see his reflection in my phone though XD
Lyonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #10 
crochetmenot

I bought my first budgie late 2012! He's absolutely adorable. ^^ He acts like the annoying little brother my Cockatiel never wanted. Haha. :D
crochetmenot is offline   Reply With Quote