Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2013, 12:50 AM   #1 
AyalaCookiejar

Exclamation Please help me with names! Four new females!

I just got four new females from Chard56 but I am having troubles choosing names for them. I have compiled a list but I can't choose which ones for which fish!

Here is the list of names I have:
Okami-den
Konami
Orianna
Vitara
Ascari
Maserati
Daihatsu
Fiero
Miata
Alero
Murcielago (Mercy for short)

I have Lotus (a type of car) and Stella already. Okami-den is one I am probably definitely going to use. I want to name one of the dragon girls after my other girls Okami who passed away from Dropsy. Okami is a video game and Okami-den is the second game (it means Okami chronicles).

I can't choose though which girl I want to name Okami-den and I can't choose which names I should use for the other three fish. Any other name suggestions are also welcome!

Here's a picture of Okami:

She had fin damage from shipping that never had a chance to heal before she passed away.

Which girl should I name after Okami? And what do you think I should name the other three?

Thanks!
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #2 
crystalicethorn

I think the first one should be called Okami,
Maybe the second Daihatsu (btw one of my females is identical to her :3)
Third; Ascari
And the last one Murcielago.

(sorry, but I'm really bad with naming fish)
crystalicethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #3 
Jexx

Blue fish= Miata
Fish #1= Orianna
Fish#2= Okami-den
Fish #3= Vitara
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #4 
AyalaCookiejar

Lol, actually she's purple/red but that's a horrible picture :p

I was also thinking of Okami-den for the first or second girl. They're red dragons like Okami and the third one is a fire dragon. I really like the koi like spots on the first girl :)

Naming fish is hard!! Even though I have a list of names already :p thanks, guys! Any more suggestions are welcome :)
Old 03-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #5 
koincidenskis

I like Miata, Vitara, and Konami the best!

Sadly I was going to start a sorority in a newly planted tank, but unfortunately don't have the space right now :( so I am going to live through your pretty pics!! :)

One of the girls was going to be named Galatea. Feel free to use if you like it!!
koincidenskis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #6 
Sea Dragon

(Kuraokami is a Japanese water/rain dragon god if you're ever interested in using it in the future :D)

#1: Vitara
#2: Okami-den
#3: Miata
#4: Ascari
Sea Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #7 
AyalaCookiejar

Lol I honestly don't even know how to pronounce Galatea. :p and I think I like Kuraokami better than Okami-den actually. (And the girls ARE dragons ;D ;D ;D). Okami-den is just to name one of the girls after Okami and make it a little different. She would still just be called Okami for short, but I would be able to distinguish between the first and second Okami WITHOUT saying "the dead one and the not dead one".

Lol, so let me organize my thoughts:

Okami
Miata
Vitara

Daihatsu
Orianna
Okami

Ascari
Okami
Miata

Murcielago
Vitara
Ascari

LOL. Any more votes?

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it! I know I'm picky with names, lol :)
Old 03-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #8 
dormbettafishery

Beautiful bettas ~ o.o curious...How many gallons are you using for your betta sorority?
Names
Betta 1: Okami
Betta 2: Daihatsu
Betta 3: Ascari
Betta 4: Murcielago
dormbettafishery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #9 
AyalaCookiejar

I have a ten gallon now, but I'm planning in getting a 20 long and moving the females to it, possibly adding a few more. But I might wait until I move so I don't have to move five tanks. I have a hatchback lol and I think if I had a 20 long it would take up all the room I have in the back. Plus I have all my accessories and buckets and crud I'd have to haul and I don't know where I'm moving, yet. The college I'm planning to go to doesnt allow fish in the dorms so I am looking for an apartment, lol.

I like Okami, Daihatsu and Ascari for the first three but I've still been debating between Mercy and Vitara for the purple girl. I also have Stella and Lotus already, they are in my signature. Stella has gained a little bit of reddish coloring in her fins and on her face.

Lol, the purple girl is the odd one out xD
Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #10 
AyalaCookiejar

Okay, I think I've decided thanks to your help!
Betta 1: Kuraokami (instead of Okami-den, still Okami for short)
Betta 2: Daihatsu
Betta 3: Ascari
Betta 4: Murcielago (Mercy)

Daihatsu and Ascari are probably two of my favorite names on the list. (But the third girl does seem a little calmer and Ascari seems less outgoing of the two names to me.) The first girl is my favorite because of her spots so she shall be named after Okami. She (and the third girl) also has blue eyes like Okami.

I did debate between Vitara and Murcielago for the purple girl, but after observing her personality she seems more like a "Mercy" because she's so feisty (and fat! Lol). I do think she looks more like a Vitara but Mercy fits her personality a bit better.

Also, Kuraokami has a bit better ring to it than Okami-den and both serve the same purpose - to honor Okami, though she didn't have a long life, she quickly became my favorite. She had incredible personality.

Thanks for your help and suggestions, guys! Much appreciated!! :)