Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #1 
Person112

Hello :3

Alright well.....what to say? Hi...I'm Person112 XD I'm male.....a Pisces.....And other useless information XD I'm.....Fairly new to the fish hobby. As of now, I'm sticking with Bettas before going any more advanced. I've made few past mistakes when it came to my 2 current Bettas. I feel horrible about it now, but when I first got them, I didn't cycle the tanks....At all. But, I'm learning from my past mistakes, because I'm doing a fishless cycle with my 3rd tank. So far, so good :)

Now enough about me. Lets focus more on my Bettas. I have 2 bettas. There's Luka (Named after Megurine Luka, a Vocaloid.) And Prize (I named he/she [Still kind of unsure on gender] Prize because when I bought it, it became sort of my prized betta. I was originally calling it Lucky for some odd reason.)

My Luka, is a Female Veiltail. her body seems to be a royal blue, while her fins are more of a turquoise color, almost greenish. She isn't doing too well right now....I accidentally overfed her last night, and she suddenly nosedived in the gravel before my very eyes. I thought that she had died. And for the rest of the night, she just sort of sat at the bottom of the tank. I noticed that she was horribly bloated, and I was fearing that it was Dropsy. I really didn't have much of a choice but to go to bed, and deal with whatever in the morning. I had to turn the fliter off because she kept on getting stuck to the filter. Luckily, I woke up, she's now swimming around a lot more, and isn't as bloated. I'm still keeping an eye on her though, because she still isn't as active as she usually is.

My Prize.....I'm not really sure about Prize. I bought it as a "Baby Betta." From petco. I'm not too sure about gender, but I think that Prize is a female, and possibly a crowntail. Her fins are short and very Red/Hot pink with blue at the tips. Her body is what's confusing me. It's like a dark grey color sometimes, and other times it's dark grey with blue in it. Weird. But anyways, she(I've been calling it a she....Probably going to regret it if Prize turns out to be a male.) was bought as a baby from petco, so she was colorless. I originally kept her in a 1 gallon tank until she got a little bigger, then I switched her to a 5 gallon.

And right now I'm (Fishless) Cycling my 3rd 5 gallon tank. This time I'm planning on buying a male once it's done. I'm ashamed to say that I buy my bettas at Petco. Unfortunately, Petco is really the most convenient option for me. I'm kind of reluctant to buy online, due to the expenses, plus I'd be afraid of my fish arriving dead.

Anyways, I've noticed two distinct personalities in my two bettas. Luka tends to "Follow" me. Like, If I'm on one side of the room, she's usually on that side of her tank. And If I walk on one side of the room to the other, she'll swim in the same direction I do. She also seems to flare at me if I leave for a day or come back. Prize on the other hand, she seems to be more shy. When nobody besides myself is in the room, she's out swimming around. If I get close to the tank, she goes into hiding. If somebody walks in the room, she hides....But then I bring out food and she opens up :p. I'm shocked at just how much personality each of these fish have. I can't really get pics. Unless you want like, a blurry picture from my cheap phone XD

So that's about it for me. I'm still fairly new to the hobby, I've had Luka since December and Prize since about February. I'm looking forward to getting to know people on here and learning more about this hobby. For now, this is bye :p XD
Person112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

Welcome to the forum & the Betta addiction!
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #4 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum

I also buy my bettas at Petco. For whatever reason, the one closest to me gets really gorgeous ones. Works for me :)
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote