Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #21 
BoxedHobo

Uraras tank is 1.1 gallons but a have a half gallon tank off to the side I could use until hes better. Does that idea sound okay? I have one other one gallon bowl and a 2gallon tank for the other fish.
BoxedHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #22 
ANHEL123

You can keep him in 1 gall too it fine. Can you maintain the temperature? What is his tank temperature or what is your regular room temperature. You really can keep him in any tank that would be convenient for you to do water changes and maintain the temperature. If you decide to do it in 0.5 then you can pre mix the salt in one gall jug and use it for a few treatments. Just have thermometer in his tank and when oyu use pre mix treatment you can just add more warmer pre salt water to make the same temperature as his.
If your room temp about 75 - 76 * you can have him in that temp without heater and you can premix water and let it sit for 18-24 hrs and then just use it and you don't have to worry about temp
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #23 
BoxedHobo

I think I'll use the .5 gallon as it'll be easier to do water changes. I have a gallon jug I can use to premixing stuff. I'll keep the thermometer in his tank, my apartment's been pretty warm recently. When I mix the salt and water, does it have to be hot? or can it be room temperature? When he gets better, should I wash all of his aquarium things off, and should I just wash it with hot water or with the salt?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get things right and not learn "the hard way".

Thank you everyone for all your help today!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #24 
Snoeflayke

Try to match the temperature of the water that you're mixing with the water in the tank. You can take the thermometer out of the tank and hold it under the water to double-check.
Snoeflayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #25 
Briz

The larger the container, the longer the water will be within safe parameters for your Betta. If you ever want to upgrade a tank, I recommend this: http://www.petco.com/product/118200/...arium-Kit.aspx

It comes with a filter and at 1.5 gallons, is still small enough to fit just about anywhere but provides that extra room and water. The filter isn't going to last forever but for the convenience and nice look, it's a decent deal.

Just be sure to do the recommended water changes every week for bowl sizes you have now. This will help prevent future fin rot and all sorts of other health issues!
Briz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #26 
ANHEL123

Do you know what temp in your apartment? Any thermometr that you have live it outside anywhere in the room and it will show the temp in the apartment. To dissolved water it can be i think room temperature. Just shake it very well and let it sit for 30 min or so and you will see if it dissolved. When you shake it you can even hear it . Its small granules that you can hear when you shake and you will see and hear if it dissolved.
So check the temperature in the room
Old 04-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #27 
BoxedHobo

My apartment is 72.1 degrees right now.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #28 
BoxedHobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briz View Post
The larger the container, the longer the water will be within safe parameters for your Betta. If you ever want to upgrade a tank, I recommend this: http://www.petco.com/product/118200/...arium-Kit.aspx

It comes with a filter and at 1.5 gallons, is still small enough to fit just about anywhere but provides that extra room and water. The filter isn't going to last forever but for the convenience and nice look, it's a decent deal.

Just be sure to do the recommended water changes every week for bowl sizes you have now. This will help prevent future fin rot and all sorts of other health issues!
Thank you! :)

I like the idea that it has a built in filter! :O Can you get filters for 1-2 gallon tanks that won't... like... suck up my bettas?
Old 04-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #29 
ANHEL123

I would not recommend to get filter for that size . First it would bother him and second it really better to do 50 and 100% water changes and in this situation you don;t need filter.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #30 
ANHEL123

Well if it now 72.1* at night it will be even colder do you have a heater for his tank. I think it better to keep heater . But make sure it not overheat.