Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #1 
myprince

My Prince

Well hello! My name is Diana and I recently walked into a Petco and picked up my betta. I call him Prince. Now before I show pictures and justify what is going on in his world. I want to first tell the story. Sunday (March - 30) I went to get my nails done, as glamerous as that sounds. I failed to do this. The nail salon was indeed closed! So my friend and I decieded that there were other things to do. Petco happened to be right across the street and I happen to just love animals, so we were destined to go. I walk into Petco and head straight for the fish. Stopping along the way to notice a specific betta, one that was white, rough, and sick. I spoke to the associate and explained that I was very interested in the betta and wanted to know the price. Turns out, the little bugger wasn't cheap and wasn't to expensive. The associate looks at the rough betta I have, and explains to me that it might not be a good option to buy him. 'He looks as if he might die.' I ask him to please hold the fish, because I have other things I'd like to get for him.

Yes, I know he was dying. I have been around all animals for most of my life! So I have an idea of when an animal doesn't look it's best. Yes, the fish had bacteria growing on it completely no back fin, for a halfmoon betta - this is not good. The associate continues to attempt to help kill the fish, by putting to much medicine into his little, what would you call it - plastic hole. Shocking the betta. He comes to me, as I'm picking out aquatic plants, and explains that I should choose another betta. Furious as I am, I stomp over to my betta. Determinded to help this fish. I take the top off of the plastic death trap and stick my finger in the container aggiating him. Talking to him like a crazy person in the store - I am sure I received looks. I just want to see him move, if he moves - I'll take him. Not moving at first, Prince allows me to rub on him. Shocker huh? So I keep rubbing and rubbing and rubbing. He finally moves. I look at the assoicate and I simple say; "I'm buying him now if you could please take these aquatic plants out of your tank, I'd be glad to be on my way." Running out of time, I felt like getting Prince home was the only way this was going to work. So I headed home with my dying fish.

I arrive at home. Set on my journey of accomplishing this task. I set my tank up. Get the water temperature perfect, plant in tank, filter ready, and light checked off my list. Added medicine (only half the dose recommended) and put Prince in. I watched him stay completely still. Then he investigates. Seeming to do a complete u turn on me; I decided I was going to document his journey from nothing to beauty. This is my way of starting his story.

WELCOME TO MY PRINCE'S LIFE!

I hope you enjoy the process.
myprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #2 
myprince

Day 1

#Day1 of #transformation.

#Prince being difficult. Can't seem to enjoy his food at all. Flakea and pelts aren't working for him. Though I captured this photo with him almost getting the flake; he turns around to spit it out. You can see the fin rot on the back of his tail.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #3 
myprince

Day 2

#Day2 of #transformation

#Prince is looking so much whiter. Grumpy but a active.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #4 
myprince

Day 3

#Day3 of #transformation

#Prince seems to notice me and my camera. It's as if he doesn't mind me being nosey and capturing pictures of him. I've noticed the more my face is close to his aquarium, the more he comes around to look back at me. He doesn't look so grumpy and sick. Though I must say I have cleaned his tank, added new water, and more medicine. Still some bacteria noticeable but clearing up slowly. I took two photos on #Day3. #Prince was being very photogenic.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #5 
Sabina88

Wow, what a lucky guy to have you to care for him, its awesome how much hes colored up already. I cant wait to see how he turns out
Sabina88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #6 
myprince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabina88 View Post
Wow, what a lucky guy to have you to care for him, its awesome how much hes colored up already. I cant wait to see how he turns out
Thank you so much! I'm glad you noticed the change too. I feared it might just be me hoping for him to get better.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:31 PM   #7 
Sabina88

I know how you feel, when you see your betta every day its hard to notice the differences :)
And his fins are starting to look better from what I can see
Old 04-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #8 
myprince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabina88 View Post
I know how you feel, when you see your betta every day its hard to notice the differences :)
And his fins are starting to look better from what I can see
Awesome! I am curious to see how long it actually takes for him to start regrowing his fins. I'm hoping the bacteria hasn't completely destroyed him.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #9 
myprince

Day 4

#Day4 of #transformation

#Prince is constantly darting from me. Making it a challenge to capture his fins. Finally resting for a minute he gives me two opportunities to snag a photo. Thanks buddy! Still some bacteria. However his mobility is off the chart. This is the first time I am seeing him really be able to move around without struggling at times.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #10 
Sabina88

That's good news that he is starting to swim better :)

Tags
prince, transformation