betta fish

Old 07-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #91 
Elsewhere

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=229778

Here are his pics!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #92 
Elsewhere

Everyone is good today and I'm doing a WC after work today, since I have a friend over this morning :) I'm considering buying some Myriophyllum Mattogrossense plants off of someone on eBay from the UK, but I'm unsure if my mother will let me :P
Old 07-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #93 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ah yeah, got to love mothers lol

Just careful with Myrio, they like to shed their needles a lot, same with Hornwort and any "needle-y" plant like that. Otherwise it looks really good ^_^
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #94 
Elsewhere

Decided against the Myrio, mother said "NO INTERNET PURCHASES!" BUT I did sell all of my baby snails today! WOOT WOOT! All that's left are their parents and one little baby I kept named Pablo :)
Old 07-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #95 
Elsewhere

Everyone is doing great today! Kassiandra is finally getting her spirits up and eating like a hog! Monday and Tuesday are my fasting days until the end of summer, and then just Mondays, to make sure everyone gets over the bloating that has occurred XD I hate it when I put the pellets in for the small girls, then Aphrodite comes over and is like "NOOOO! I MUST EAT THEM ALLL!" and then promptly does so XD

The Cories are looking good and I spotted two Otos hanging out under a leaf today, but otherwise they're barely seen. I try and coax them out with some boiled cucumber, but they only come out at night- I turned on the light last night and barely glanced at them sucking on the front of the glass before they scampered off. I'm pretty sure all of the bottom feeders only come out at night, when mean old Aphrodite is sleeping XD

I'm really very proud of Jumper's progress into the group. She's still half the size of all of the girls, but she's put herself in second of command, demanding respect and pellets out of her fellow fishy friends! She seems to have been adopted in well and she seems to be their spoiled little brat of a sister XD

All in all, I'm really perking up after the Athena and Pandora incident. I'm really happy with how things are right now. (Prepares for everything to be engulfed into the gates of hell)
Old 07-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #96 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ugg yeah, I have two girls who do that, they seriously take all the pellets and I'm like NOOOO, those weren't for you you little butt! lol and then they just look at me like I'm crazy which I probably am XD

I'm glad everyone is doing so well though!! That's really wonderful!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #97 
Elsewhere

I've decided to do my WC on Mondays- it's my day off and I have more time, plus then I only have to do the big tank and can get the little ones out of the way on Sunday :)

I got the girls some frozen bloodworms and they went NUTS. I mean, NUTS. I gave some to the boys but they didn't care.

Speaking of boys, I went into the pet store with the bloodworms and was looking in the tanks when I saw a GORGEOUS HM DS EE with only one tail and the other gone, swimming against a horrid current. The girl said she just threw him in there since he was sick and she also put in a Cichlid, that was then dead. I was horrified. I'm not allowed to get anymore fish, but I absolutely could not leave him behind. He's sitting in Boreas's tank now, and looks really wiped and ill. I think a little AQ Salt, warm water and TLC will do him good :) When he's all better I'll give him to someone I know.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #98 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

OMG that poor boy!!!! Oh I'm so glad you got him, even if you're not allowed. No Betta should be treated like that!!

Yeah my water changes have changed so that Wednesday is the small tank day and then I do them again on Friday/Saturday and Saturday is the big tank day. Although lately I've been slacking and only did a small partial Saturday and have to do another one tomorrow when I go to visit my fishies (they're at my dad's and I'm at mom's).
Old 07-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #99 
Elsewhere

I know, I think he's a DT, but I can't tell if just half his tail is missing... I have no light on my 2.5g, so I'll update with pics of him and everyone else tomorrow morning :)

And I seriously think I'm going crazy. I started the sorority with two girls. I then purchased seven from PetSmart, making it nine girls. Then I got Pandora, Kassiandra and Jumper, making it twelve. Themis left, making eleven. Athena and Pandora died. There should be nine left. But I can only count EIGHT! No matter what I do, it's always eight! I've had all of them at the front eating and I scour the entire tank, but NOTHING! ARG! I'm going nuts over this!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #100 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh hate when that happens! Can you name them all and like count on your fingers or something so that you don't miss anyone?